Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Argus have the best current round up via
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nor_Goldson_close_to_joining_Glasgow_Rangers/

TLDR. Albion still keen on Liam Moore, waiting for Sunderland to respond to their McNair bid, and are clearly looking for a striker - Tau is being tracked.
ie: A new CB, CM, a forward and probably a winger is on their shopping list, this summer. Preferably HGPs
And Baldock, Hemed, Skalak, Norwood will join Goldson in the opposite direction if they get decent offers.

Interesting re Mcnair as Donald their Chairman has said our bid was lower than others and was rejected...(no contact since last bid....) supposedly...
Re Moore...Argus originally said no bid...reports now say we did bid but I assume was rejected?? can only assume we are either calling a few bluffs, moving on..or negotiating hard style typical of the Lizard and Barber approach..

I would have thought with impending sale of Goldson one of these will move on in few days...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting re Mcnair as Donald their Chairman has said our bid was lower than others and was rejected...(no contact since last bid....) supposedly...
Re Moore...Argus originally said no bid...reports now say we did bid but I assume was rejected?? can only assume we are either calling a few bluffs, moving on..or negotiating hard style typical of the Lizard and Barber approach..

I would have thought with impending sale of Goldson one of these will move on in few days...

interestingly the Argus now say that a "bid is on the table" for both McNair and Moore.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It also seems that only Sky sports are talking about David Button.
He is still in their top 10 rumours list!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
TLDR. Albion still keen on Liam Moore, waiting for Sunderland to respond to their McNair bid, and are clearly looking for a striker - Tau is being tracked.
ie: A new CB, CM, a forward and probably a winger is on their shopping list, this summer. Preferably HGPs
And Baldock, Hemed, Skalak, Norwood will join Goldson in the opposite direction if they get decent offers.

and of course , if Tim Krul doesn't stay - a new #2 keeper.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Goldson looks like he will de-sign today.

And will there be any MOORE signings ? ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Humemeier - > Balogun
(Hemed) - > Andone

Rosenior - > ???
Sidwell ( Ulloa loan in January squad ) - > ???
(Goldson) - > ???

(Skalak) - > ???
(Baldock) - > ???

(2 Keepers) ??? ???

Between 2 and 7 still needed.

With the exception of the two keepers and Goldson’s CB replacement, I see CH going for utility players who can play in a number of roles with a bias towards HGP.

Humemeier - > Balogun (full back/centre back)
(Hemed) - > Andone

Rosenior - > Balogun
Sidwell ( Ulloa loan in January ) - > McNair (centre back/midfield)
(Goldson) - > Moore HGP (centre back)

(Skalak) - > Percy Tau (winger/forward)
(Baldock) - > Nick Powell HGP (attacking mid/forward)

(2 Keepers) Button HGP & one other HGP

I’d like to think that the sales of Goldson, Skalak, Hemed, Baldock, Norwood & Towell would bring in £15m+ to help pay for some of the above!

So, 6 sales and 6 purchases in the next 8 weeks. That’s 1.5 bits of transfer action per week! Lovely stuff!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
With the exception of the two keepers and Goldson’s CB replacement, I see CH going for utility players who can play in a number of roles with a bias towards HGP.

(Hemed) - > Andone

Rosenior - > Balogun

I’d like to think that the sales of Goldson, Skalak, Hemed, Baldock, Norwood & Towell would bring in £15m+ to help pay for some of the above!

So, 6 sales and 6 purchases in the next 8 weeks. That’s 1.5 bits of transfer action per week! Lovely stuff!

Quiet summer then!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

(Hemed) - > Andone

Rosenior - > Balogun

So Balogun replaces TWO players?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So Balogun replaces TWO players?

Effectively ys. Think about it, how many times were both Goldson and Hunemeier needed together last season? they weren't. Plus Balogun can also play as a right back, so it could be said that he is replacing both Hunemeier and Rosenior. Sounds like good business sense to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Effectively ys. Think about it, how many times were both Goldson and Hunemeier needed together last season? they weren't. Plus Balogun can also play as a right back, so it could be said that he is replacing both Hunemeier and Rosenior. Sounds like good business sense to me.

Sounds a bit cavalier to me. What if Dunk and Duffy are both out at the same time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds a bit cavalier to me. What if Dunk and Duffy are both out at the same time?
We could have a panic thread on NSC about which free agents are available, as luckily we'd have only named a 24 man squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could have a panic thread on NSC about which free agents are available.

Won’t happen as I do not believe the club will stick with one back up CB, although re reading Cowfolds post he does say we need another CB to, so maybe not quite as cavalier as I originally thought.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I see CH going for utility players who can play in a number of roles with a bias towards HGP.
Not so sure about that, Hughton going for utility players - how many players did he ask to play in more than one position last season? (or the season before, come to think of it)

That's assuming anybody wants to buy them - I haven't heard any rumours of bids coming in for any of them, apart from Goldson. Early days yet, certainly - but maybe that £15M is a tad optimistic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here