Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sunderland fans pissing themselves on Twitter at the prospect of making profit on him. Seems they don't rate him much...

Mind you, Blackburn fans were going on about how shite Duffy was.

Jason Steele is AWFUL though, think Blackburn were happy to get shot of him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
easy to blame the GK in a poor team...we are well known for getting bargains and developing players,., good move all round by looks of things
Yes, we need 2 home grown keepers whether Steele becomes #2 or #3 in the end, and Roberts will get the best out of him.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
easy to blame the GK in a poor team...we are well known for getting bargains and developing players,., good move all round by looks of things

Good move?? He is absolute pony! I hope he is only 3rd choice keeper, or maybe 4th haha!
I presume Sunderland are paying us to take him off their hands. When fans are glad to see the back of a player, then it's not a good move. And it's not just Sunderland fans, Blackburn fans were pleased to get rid of as well.

Maybe he needs a fresh start, just hope Roberts can sort him out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A Sunderland season ticket holder I go to England games with just text me and said he'd give him a piggy back from Sunderland to Brighton just to get rid of him !

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good move?? He is absolute pony! I hope he is only 3rd choice keeper, or maybe 4th haha!
I presume Sunderland are paying us to take him off their hands. When fans are glad to see the back of a player, then it's not a good move. And it's not just Sunderland fans, Blackburn fans were pleased to get rid of as well.

Blackburn fans were having a whip round to pay for Duffys transport to sign for us. That didn’t turn out bad. Some players just don’t fit into certain clubs.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sunderland burned three good keepers last season. Three!!!!!!
It's not always the player.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He was awful for Blackburn, and then got even worse for Sunderland. Can’t be true surely, if third choice couldn’t really care though. Bit strange how we are watching Sunderland players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He was awful for Blackburn, and then got even worse for Sunderland. Can’t be true surely, if third choice couldn’t really care though. Bit strange how we are watching Sunderland players.

Jason Steele has played brilliantly at the Amex on at least one occasion. I noted his name.

But not as good as David Marshall

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is a little disheartening that a lot of Fulham fans are happy to drive Button here, likewise a lot of Sunderland fans are happy to offer a lift to Steele.

However, I trust Ben Roberts' judgement over that of the mobs, and he must reckon he can improve them both.

We need 2 home grown keepers and the top of that pool isn't that big.

So we may get them both, but I suspect we'll only sign 1 of them before knowing whether Ryan has finished the World Cup injury free. Once he has we could well get them both.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Matty Ryan wasn't exactly pulling up trees before he came here (not even bonsai's !)

Trust in CH (and Ben Roberts) :thumbsup:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Pete O'Rourke suggesting we are tracking Wolves young defender Cameron John.

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Cameron John is a target for a number of clubs, including Brighton & Hove Albion, Norwich City and Sunderland, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

The left-sided centre-back, who can also play at left-back, is highly-regarded at Wolves after impressing since his arrival from Southend United three years ago.

John caught the eye for Wolves' Under-23s side last season, featuring in 13 Premier League 2 matches for Wolves.

The 18-year-old, who has yet to make his first-team debut for Wolves, is enterting the final year of his contract at Molineux and as yet no new deal has been agreed.

The news has alerted John's suitors who are ready to try and prise the teenage defender away from the Premier League new boys.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here