Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wheres BG when we need him for that last minute inspiration

Just driving around picking up Ulloa, Ings and Crouch.
His refusal to pay for parking is causing a bit of a kerfuffle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its a people carrier. Itll be fine

It'll need to be a hearse after 5 hours of being told how they should play, and tales of daring do with the Sussex and Surrey County League, in the 1980's.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's a real shame if we've got this far, to be ruined by bad luck (Baldock and Murray injuries) and not having the right strategy on recruitment. I really hope that I'm wrong, but I have a real inkling I'm right :(

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This idea that we weren't able to get a better quality striker because of the competition etc that I've seen thrown about on here, Twitter and by Naylor is the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard. Almost every single PL club have upgraded their striking options this summer, we are very, very far behind and you can see there is no real excuse.

Arsenal - Lacazette
Bmuff - Defoe
Burnley - Chris Wood
Chelsea - Morata
Palace - None
Everton - Sandro/Rooney
Hudds - Mounie
Leics - Iheanacho
Liverpool - None
Man City - None
Man Utd - Lukaku
Newcastle - Joselu
Saints - None
Stoke - Rodriguez
Swansea - Abraham
Spurs - None
Watford - Andre Gray
WBA - Rodriguez
WHU - Hernandez

So let's take a look at the teams that haven't upgraded their striking options shall we?

Palace - 19th, zero goals scored
Liverpool - One of the most potent strike forces already formed in the league
Manchester City - See above
Saints - Options of Gabbiadini, Charlie Austin and Shane Long. Their third choice would be an upgrade on our first.
Spurs - Harry Kane.

The whole thing has been piss poor, we've not worked quickly enough, savvy enough or bravely enough to make the striker signings we need. We all say our recruitment team makes great signings and I agree, but the striker thing is a really bizarre hoodoo we have to get out of and sign a long term top quality striker ASAP.

So taking into account wages as well, which of those strikers do you think we could have signed? Mounie, I imagine. And erm....

Other than that, Joselu perhaps (who has made little PL impact previously? Or Abraham if we were prepared to spend the money with no future financial return (and so far he hasn't looked likely to set the PL alight).

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I was going to start a thread, with poll, about how often you were checking this tread for incoming but TBH I don't know how to do a poll.

So I am sneaking off at work about every hour to check. I imagine some of you are furiously pressing refresh full-time. Are any of you waiting zen like for Friday morning to check, ah if you are then you haven't read this so I guess it is scientifically rubbish. As you were.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So taking into account wages as well, which of those strikers do you think we could have signed? Mounie, I imagine. And erm....

Other than that, Joselu perhaps (who has made little PL impact previously? Or Abraham if we were prepared to spend the money with no future financial return (and so far he hasn't looked likely to set the PL alight).

I'm not saying we should have gone and SINGED any of those strikers. I am saying this idea that the striker market is too hot or unable to be navigated and that everybody is struggling isn't true because almost every side has strengthened in that department. Joselu, Mounie and Tammy have all scored more goals than our entire team, they would all have been an improvement.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The stark reality as it stands now is who of the sufficient quality will we realistically be able to bring in? We will be trying to do to other teams what Burnley tried with Dale Stephens. I'd love to be proved wrong but I think now we are relying on other teams higher up the food chain getting deals done thus freeing up players that they want rid of.
I support the club 99% of the time in how our business is conducted but this issue with our strike force genuinely has me worried.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here