Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
What!? Even when the said experts are failing to land the required players timely... the very players they publicly say they need... no, I won't follow your advice, thank you...

We don't know how many players we have contacted, made a bid for or generally inquired for. Just because we are in the premier league does not give us a giving right to sign any top player we want. Clubs will either want too much money for them or other clubs will be sniffing around them who can offer more wages or transfer fee than us. Would you rather us just sign someone average who will not improve the squad just so we can say "we have made a signing"??

mike1901

May 12, 2017
OMG. I hope im wrong but it seems like we r getting our excuses in already, for years now we have been hearing the term "PREMIERSHIP READY" were we ? and are we ?. I really do hope im wrong and its all a smoke screen. But I have my doubts. We need i.m.o. 5 players two forwards, as 1 will probly be on the injury list most of the time, then we hav suspensions. 1 keeper. 1 hench midfielder. And one more utility defender like Tomori. I really do hope im panicking over nothing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What constitutes an expert?

And why if clubs are run by experts are so many clubs so poor at it?

Chris Hughton, Paul Winstanley, Paul Barber, Tony Bloom seem pretty expert at managing, recruiting, running and chairing football clubs.
Or can't you bring yourself to admit it.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
With all the cash sloshing around premier league clubs are under no pressure to sell and the last thing they want to do is strengthen the competition hence the ridiculous prices quoted and the stupid prices paid. Newcastle and Huddersfield have not recruited experienced PL players either. Glad we are not paying 15 million for 5 million pound players. Under no illusions that we need 2 attacking players but we are not yet at crisis point and hopefully they will be in place in next 2 weeks. This is an amazing time to be a Brighton fan and I hope that people don't let the uncertainty ruin a monumental moment in our club's history.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
OMG. I hope im wrong but it seems like we r getting our excuses in already, for years now we have been hearing the term "PREMIERSHIP READY" were we ? and are we ?. I really do hope im wrong and its all a smoke screen. But I have my doubts. We need i.m.o. 5 players two forwards, as 1 will probly be on the injury list most of the time, then we hav suspensions. 1 keeper. 1 hench midfielder. And one more utility defender like Tomori. I really do hope im panicking over nothing.

You do realise we've come along long way together......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What did we force Gross and Ryan at gunpoint then? This sums up the reason for my concern really, the other players we have obviously 'courted' over some time didn't come off so we are left in the mercenary market along with the other clubs who, as you and others have rightly pointed out, are far more reckless with their spending. We've already lost out to ****ing Swansea this window. Are we looking to pick up the scraps after clubs such as they and our mates up the road are done?
Swansea are an established PL club now. We're not......can se why a player might put them ahead of us.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Jeez. Another one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think 0 points, bottom of the table from 3 games will be more than enough, to send this place over the edge.
I'll be setting up a Red Bull concession outside Mod Towers.

(Inexplicably I also think we'll beat City so it's a moot point anyway).

I've realised I've already fallen into Team To High Expectation, when did Burnley win their first away game? April?
Winning at Watford will be tough, shaking off the last two seasons will be difficult for all of us.
It would certainly send me over the edge, don't know about the rest of this place.

Worst transfer window for 3 summers ( which wouldn't be so bad if this season wasn't so important ).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Chris Hughton, Paul Winstanley, Paul Barber, Tony Bloom seem pretty expert at managing, recruiting, running and chairing football clubs.
Or can't you bring yourself to admit it.

They haven't proven anything at PL level with this club. They get credit for doing well in the Championship.

Completely different ball game now.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I do not think any new signing now,and i agree we may need 4,will be an automatic first choice to start .We have very much based our success on the togetherness of the the team.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ha ! Nope. You can't just quite do it. oh well TB. Each to their own.

As they say the impression you have of something is that which is freshest in your mind. Which of course is our woeful end to the season and throwing away the Championship title for many still.

That team looked well off PL standard and it hasn't been improved significantly from that point onwards.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I think 0 points, bottom of the table from 3 games will be more than enough, to send this place over the edge.
I'll be setting up a Red Bull concession outside Mod Towers.

(Inexplicably I also think we'll beat City so it's a moot point anyway).

I've realised I've already fallen into Team To High Expectation, when did Burnley win their first away game? April?
Winning at Watford will be tough, shaking off the last two seasons will be difficult for all of us.

Middlesbrough & Hull both won their FIRST away match last season - but they failed to win another all season.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As they say the impression you have of something is that which is freshest in your mind. Which of course is our woeful end to the season and throwing away the Championship title for many still.

That team looked well off PL standard and it hasn't been improved significantly from that point onwards.

Who says that?
My lasting impression is that we had an amazing season, the best in my lifetime infact.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Yawn...

mike1901

May 12, 2017
I wonder what the bits in the papers are going to be about tomorrow that we keep hearing about ???

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You're not that keen on the Albion are you TB ?

Not sold on the squad we have having what it takes to make a fist of it in the PL. Few top line signings could change that opinion quickly if they happen however.

Can only talk about the now, no point speculating on players who may never arrive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here