Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd be amazed if we sign two strikers. We already have 3 and will be much much more likely to be playing one up front this year. One big striker signing will be all we do.

If true, then relegation with almost be a certainty. We need to do better than that.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Rosenior might be 33 but whenever I've seen him play, pace has never been a problem, played on the right of midfield to make us a bit more solid and has always done well, and he bombs forward from full back. Very versatile player and a very good one even at 33.

Bruno maybe 36 and doesn't have the pace but considering he's been in the Championship team of the year for the last 2 years, is technically one of our better players and links up brilliantly with Knockhaert, he also deserve a chance to prove himself despite his age. He's been caught out of position a couple of times but he's more than made up for those errors with his attacking contribution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You're aware I'm not in any way saying that Rosenior or Bruno shouldn't be part of our squad at RB? I haven't said anything regarding their ability to play in their natural position.

I was merely stating that I would not want to go into the new season with Rosenior considered our 2nd option at RIGHT WING.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that in the same way that many on here thought we had no chance of promotion when we only signed one striker last summer?

But that was a team that had missed out on automatic promotion by a whisker, so all we needed to do was tweak the squad. Now, we're playing at a much higher level. We need to improve considerably; in all areas.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But that was a team that had missed out on automatic promotion by a whisker, so all we needed to do was tweak the squad. Now, we're playing at a much higher level. We need to improve considerably; in all areas.

Of course we do, or at least get 3 or 4 established players to complement the existing squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just heard that the 'Dutchman' is now being chased by Newcastle. Sounds as if it isn't a done deal yet.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
contradicts Commandos post that Denis Aagon signed yesterday.

Think I'd prefer the German unless Gomez RB
I can't see the contradiction.

Aogo is a left back who can play defensive midfield.

Gomez is a central defender who can play left or right back.

Room for both.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just heard that the 'Dutchman' is now being chased by Newcastle. Sounds as if it isn't a done deal yet.

IF NUFC are interested, I'd suggest it's almost done.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't see the contradiction.

Aogo is a left back who can play defensive midfield.

Gomez is a central defender who can play left or right back.

Room for both.

Definately room for both. That would be the back line sorted bar the keepers.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If true, then relegation with almost be a certainty. We need to do better than that.

Prepare for relegation then. We won't have anymore than 4 strikers. The only way we sign another two is if we sell Hemed. Baldock just been given a new contract and Murray signed on the basis we would be playing PL football this year. 5 strikers a waste of budget in a team that will be playing 4-4-1-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here