Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Wages are probably the issue with most players but there are plenty out there plus clever accounting to be done.

Is it ? Andone, Dwamena, Janssen, and others would be signed and Albion players if it was just wages and fees.

Replacing outgoing with suitable incoming, prospects/game time, Albion future in prem, medicals, HGP, all important often more so .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8274781 said:
What about Kelechi Iheanacho from Leicester? They're looking to offload apparently although not sure what arrangement could be figured out for his reported £115k per week wages.

I can't see how we could offer anything close to that, and quite right too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8274781 said:
What about Kelechi Iheanacho from Leicester? They're looking to offload apparently although not sure what arrangement could be figured out for his reported £115k per week wages.

They only bought him in the summer didn't they?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Iheanacho would be a good signing if his wages weren't so unrealistic as I think he is really promising, just needs a good run in the side to build confidence. Likewise Sandro at Everton who along with Niasse they're trying to move on. Sandro would also be more realistic financially. They're both young, finishers and a lot more mobile than what we have already.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I can't see how we could offer anything close to that, and quite right too.

That's the thing - Leicester would have to buy out at least half the value of his £115,000 weekly contract (£57,500 per week). Leicester would have to buy him out of at least 4.5 years at £57,500 with us providing the other £57,500 per week in his new contract. So Leicester would have to cough up around £13.5m to get him gone - but at the same time if they keep him and don't use him he will be costing them double that. I'm not sure if things like this are ever worked out in football though :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8275423 said:
That's the thing - Leicester would have to buy out at least half the value of his £115,000 weekly contract (£57,500 per week). Leicester would have to buy him out of at least 4.5 years at £57,500 with us providing the other £57,500 per week in his new contract. So Leicester would have to cough up around £13.5m to get him gone - but at the same time if they keep him and don't use him he will be costing them double that. I'm not sure if things like this are ever worked out in football though :shrug:

Another option would be for us to loan him for the rest of the season, and for them to pay the majority of his wages. Good for both clubs and player, and if he finds his form with us, there might be more clubs willing to pay his wages, or Leicester themselves might re-consider.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Overheard last night when 2 chaps were talking and I am only reporting what they said think of it what you like One to his mate "I have had it from the horses mouth that we will not be signing a striker during this window as they are all too expensive. We have to rely on what we have " obviously not related but low and behold Brown went off injured and was replaced by SB. I wonder if there was any truth in it or just a rumour. I hope not.as we need another striker although I think SB did well when he came on and showed that he can offer something but is he the answer to our problems?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Overheard last night when 2 chaps were talking and I am only reporting what they said think of it what you like One to his mate "I have had it from the horses mouth that we will not be signing a striker during this window as they are all too expensive. We have to rely on what we have " obviously not related but low and behold Brown went off injured and was replaced by SB. I wonder if there was any truth in it or just a rumour. I hope not.as we need another striker although I think SB did well when he came on and showed that he can offer something but is he the answer to our problems?

Right time right place again bg. Are you sure these are not just the voices in your head?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

What was the horse called?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So, Tony Bloom told some people this. And then they're stood on the concourse openly talking about it ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here