Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It's a bit frustrating I have to admit. 12th or 3rd from bottom there is no difference in security at this moment.

So If we are not strengthening in our weak position, it will look grim.
But the truth is, Uncle tony and Paul are adamant on keeping the current wage structure.

I'm completely with them on that principle, But this isn't the 90's anymore. And the premier league is a cash monster.
This has to be the biggest gamble in Tony's life. Stick with the principles and hope that we make it.

Because if we do go down, Then all dreams and hard work were for nothing. And the chances of us bouncing straight back up must be ludicrously low.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm hoping to watch a couple of new signings at the West Ham game.

On that note... Is anyone unable to make the West Ham game on Feb 3rd and want to pass on tickets. I am after extras. Ideally two together in WSU (I adult, 1 child is OK).

Please PM.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Are we all really concerned about the DS as a priority? I know I am not

Who said the DS was a priority? I would think that signing youngsters is a lot easier than an experienced striker! Andy Naylor has also said Albion are also poised to sign 16-year-old Hearts midfielder Marc Leonard.

I know that's stating the obvious, but you like provoking discussion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who said the DS was a priority? I would think that signing youngsters is a lot easier than an experienced striker! Andy Naylor has also said Albion are also poised to sign 16-year-old Hearts midfielder Marc Leonard.

I know that's stating the obvious, but you like provoking discussion.

Is that not the major function of a fans message board to have discussion. It appears that our major efforts are being set towards the DS squad which in 5 years time may prove great dividends but I am sure that the majority of supporters are more interested in how we are going to maintain our position in the Premier League in the immediate future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Léo Baptistão did this early in the cup game, last night:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Offside ? Possible Murray replacement?
Nope he made a point of staying in his own half until the ball was played.

Can you imagine the reaction from any of our frontline being asked to run that far.
Tomer would try, slowly.
Murray would have stepped offside, so he didn't have to bother.
While the physios would have been following with a wheelbarrow picking up bits of Baldock.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nope he made a point of staying in his own half until the ball was played.

Can you imagine the reaction from any of our frontline being asked to run that far.
Tomer would try, slowly.
Murray would have stepped offside, so he didn't have to bother.
While the physios would have been following with a wheelbarrow picking up bits of Baldock.

...and Izquierdo would have got to the goal line, had a drink, waited for the ball, realised it wasn’t quick enough and sulked all the way back to our own penalty box. Having stopped for a coffee on the way.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Espanyol's Quique Sanchez Flores is tipped to be Stokes new manager, (from living in Barcelona to Stoke??). This may throw a spanner in the works, he may not want Baptistao to join a potential rival or even have plans to bring him with him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Is that not the major function of a fans message board to have discussion. It appears that our major efforts are being set towards the DS squad which in 5 years time may prove great dividends but I am sure that the majority of supporters are more interested in how we are going to maintain our position in the Premier League in the immediate future.

Surely you don't really believe that the club are prioritising the development squad over the first team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here