Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said it was just 2 middle aged chaps talking and could be nothing., As regards the horses mouth there is a wide range from TB to any director and CH and any of the coaching staff. so didnt place a lot on it it but thought it worth mentioning as many on here have said it and believe that to be the situation, I can understand the sentiment but hope it is not true.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Overheard last night when 2 chaps were talking and I am only reporting what they said think of it what you like One to his mate "I have had it from the horses mouth that we will not be signing a striker during this window as they are all too expensive. We have to rely on what we have " obviously not related but low and behold Brown went off injured and was replaced by SB. I wonder if there was any truth in it or just a rumour. I hope not.as we need another striker although I think SB did well when he came on and showed that he can offer something but is he the answer to our problems?

I have been on the train with Tony, even sat opposite him.

He discusses the football world in general with Ray and anybody in the vicinity but he never gives anything away whatsoever regarding our own approach to transfers so I have serious doubts that anybody has overheard this, much less Tony confiding in someone who clearly isn't trustworthy enough to keep it on the downlow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said it was just 2 middle aged chaps talking and could be nothing., As regards the horses mouth there is a wide range from TB to any director and CH and any of the coaching staff. so didnt place a lot on it it but thought it worth mentioning as many on here have said it and believe that to be the situation, I can understand the sentiment but hope it is not true.

Paul Barber has said there are 4 people at the most, who know whats happening with transfers, so that horse must have a very big mouth and should be thrown out of the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paul Barber has said there are 4 people at the most, who know whats happening with transfers, so that horse must have a very big mouth and should be thrown out of the club.

Ultimately that is true about the 4 but there will be many others that know who we are following like scouts, coaching staff not to forget office workers any of whom could leak any info. I must admit I didnt put any faith in it but it seems plausible as regards no signings and the reason given.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I can afford not to open this thread again until 10 mins before the window closes and then login to read the excuses? :wink:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Simple no signings = relegation. The club's known its shortcomings since August. I'm sure it will get sorted

I'm not so sure that we're doomed if no signings are forthcoming. We've coped alright so far and with Baldock and Kayal getting back to full fitness we can now call upon two of last seasons better players, Plus, all of our new signing are now well adjusted and getting better every game.

There's no guarantee that anyone we sign this month is going to start pulling up trees from the off, even a monster signing. That said, if we sign someone with Premier league experience then at least they wouldn't need time to settle.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'm not so sure that we're doomed if no signings are forthcoming. We've coped alright so far and with Baldock and Kayal getting back to full fitness we can now call upon two of last seasons better players, Plus, all of our new signing are now well adjusted and getting better every game.

There's no guarantee that anyone we sign this month is going to start pulling up trees from the off, even a monster signing. That said, if we sign someone with Premier league experience then at least they wouldn't need time to settle.
I tend to think we're down if we don't get a striker in. We've been glaringly short. Why run the risk of the £200+ million on offer next year for a loan-£25m player. Baldock needs a lot of chances to score, can't play on his own so we need someone. It would be such a lift to get someone in asap but given that will be paying over the odds in many cases, can't see the club going for it and we'll have a binfest in the last few days.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I tend to think we're down if we don't get a striker in. We've been glaringly short. Why run the risk of the £200+ million on offer next year for a loan-£25m player. Baldock needs a lot of chances to score, can't play on his own so we need someone. It would be such a lift to get someone in asap but given that will be paying over the odds in many cases, can't see the club going for it and we'll have a binfest in the last few days.

I really want us to sign a striker who will guarantee the goals we need to stay up, but that kind of player costs a fortune and will also get more attractive offers than us. So we are left to try and find a bargain who is willing to join an unfashionable club who may be a one season wonder in the Premier League.

Let's face it, We're not likely to spend more than £25 million on a player, and yet in today's inflated market, anything less buys you a player who is a risk and may not be as reliable as what we already have.

The club needs to assess those players we can feasibly lure and decide if they really are good enough or if it would be wiser to hold off until the summer when we would have a much bigger budget and an increased reputation to nail a top draw signing.

If we stick with what we have for now, can we get the five wins we need to stay up? I think we can.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So we tried desperately even up to the last minute in the summer to sign a striker, and for various reasons we were unsuccessful. Now, having a better than expected start and in a decent league position, but being one of the lowest scorers and finding it tough to kill games off, the powers that be have decided we will just go with who we have and cross our fingers, and they have shared this info with a couple of random blokes who you happen to overhear, and you swallow it enough to share on here ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So we tried desperately even up to the last minute in the summer to sign a striker, and for various reasons we were unsuccessful. Now, having a better than expected start and in a decent league position, but being one of the lowest scorers and finding it tough to kill games off, the powers that be have decided we will just go with who we have and cross our fingers, and they have shared this info with a couple of random blokes who you happen to overhear, and you swallow it enough to share on here ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nah - that’s my considered opinion!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Overheard last night when 2 chaps were talking and I am only reporting what they said think of it what you like One to his mate "I have had it from the horses mouth that we will not be signing a striker during this window as they are all too expensive. We have to rely on what we have " obviously not related but low and behold Brown went off injured and was replaced by SB. I wonder if there was any truth in it or just a rumour.
You wonder? It couldn't be more clearly bullshit if it was coming out of a bull's arse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As regards the horses mouth there is a wide range from TB to any director and CH and any of the coaching staff.
No, a member of the coaching staff (who won't be privy to that information) is not the horses mouth.

Ultimately that is true about the 4 but there will be many others that know who we are following like scouts, coaching staff not to forget office workers any of whom could leak any info.
They could leak info like 'we've contacted club x about player y'. They wouldn't be told that we're not buying a striker. Would you think scouts have been told not to bother looking?
I must admit I didnt put any faith in it but it seems plausible as regards no signings and the reason given.
No, it's not plausible.

It's quite possible we won't be able to sign anyone, but the suggestion that we're not going to try is dumb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here