Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hughton tends to go with 9 defenders in his squad, so if Suttner goes it could mean 2 more defenders in, unless of course White takes his chance.

How many games did the 9 defenders play last season?

I assume some played very few.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many games did the 9 defenders play last season?

I assume some played very few.
True. Still the case though that he has always had 9 in his senior squad since he has been here. Will he change his mind ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hughton tends to go with 9 defenders in his squad, so if Suttner goes it could mean 2 more defenders in, unless of course White takes his chance.

Ben White isn't going to jump from playifg League 2 football on loan for Newport County last serason, straight into our first team squad that's for sure.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Another season out on loan would help in his development in my opinion, perhaps with a League 1 or Championship team this time around.

It has been explicitly stated in the Argus that the plan is to send White out on loan again and that there was even potential interest from Championship sides. Another loan season would IMO be absolutely the right move, and unless there has been a drastic change of plans it seems the most likely option.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Keeper - Button?
CB - Moore?
CM - ??
Winger - Iranian Ali?

We are a long, long way off being PLR...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Keeper - Button?
CB - Moore?
CM - ??
Winger - Iranian Ali?

We are a long, long way off being PLR...

Really? Weren't we PLR at the end of the season just completed, as we didn't get relegated.

I agree we need to strengthen, but I'd say the current squad stands a chance of staying up again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? Weren't we PLR at the end of the season just completed, as we didn't get relegated.

I agree we need to strengthen, but I'd say the current squad stands a chance of staying up again.

Hmmm... keepers weaker... defo need 4 CB's, not 3... we might be lucky with injuries in CM and on the wings, but I wouldn't take the chance... so, we need 4 players minimum IMHO... your response displays complacency... we are defo trying to sign quality players in the listed positions which, I believe, proves the club leans more towards my POV than yours (thank goodness for that)...

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Did you miss the word 'elusive'?
:facepalm:

I didn't miss it. I just didn't think we need to look for one.our target this season and for the foreseeable future while in the premier league is to avoid relegation so why look for someone as rare as that? If lady luck just happens to find us one then thats another matter.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hmmm... keepers weaker... defo need 4 CB's, not 3... we might be lucky with injuries in CM and on the wings, but I wouldn't take the chance... so, we need 4 players minimum IMHO... your response displays complacency... we are defo trying to sign quality players in the listed positions which, I believe, proves the club leans more towards my POV than yours (thank goodness for that)...

Hey B.W - not sure why you're furiously agreeing both with the club and other posters here. I assume club POV is
a) not finished our business yet with some key positions not yet filled but negotiations going well - ie: 4-5 more signings on way including a keeper, a winger, AM, and a centre back, maybe a Tau type forward - yep ?

and i'm guessing your view
b) "long, long way from being PLR"
is basically a) but with a lot of hyperbole and more urgency. .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Forgive me for being incredibly lazy but can someone bring me up to speed on who we've let go and signed so I can once again make a spectacularly inaccurate prediction where we will finish next season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hey B.W - not sure why you're furiously agreeing both with the club and other posters here. I assume club POV is
a) not finished our business yet with some key positions not yet filled but negotiations going well - ie: 4-5 more signings on way including a keeper, a winger, AM, and a centre back, maybe a Tau type forward - yep ?

and i'm guessing your view
b) "long, long way from being PLR"
is basically a) but with a lot of hyperbole and more urgency. .

You are correct, but another poster, NOT the club, thought we are OK as is, which we aren't...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You are correct, but another poster, NOT the club, thought we are OK as is, which we aren't...

Agreed. But presumably we'd put up a good fight as of July 13 - we've lost no first choice players or virtually anyone who even played last season and Balogun and Bernardo are stronger than Rosenior and Uwe. And Andone brings something new to our front line.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. But presumably we'd put up a good fight as of July 13 - we've lost no first choice players or virtually anyone who even played last season and Balogun and Bernardo are stronger than Rosenior and Uwe. And Andone brings something new to our front line.

Agreed, but injuries and suspensions would cause problems IMHO...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on....I think Andone will prove to be a decent upgrade on Murray. Main priority has to be a CM (assuming Percy signs - looks like he's competition for Gross primarily based on the reviews ?) and a backup keeper but overall we're already stronger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forgive me for being incredibly lazy but can someone bring me up to speed on who we've let go and signed so I can once again make a spectacularly inaccurate prediction where we will finish next season?

We've sold or released (or left out of contract): Uwe, Sidwell, Rosenior, Goldson, Maenpaa, Krul - none of whom had any meaningful playing time.

We've signed: Andone, Balogun, Steele and Bernardo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here