Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently Houghton has said we probably won't break our transfer record on a striker. A little bit worrying I think. [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Where has this been said, and who is Houghton?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently Houghton has said we probably won't break our transfer record on a striker. A little bit worrying I think. [emoji27]

I'd be worried if we were spending more than £13.5m on Zohore or Dwemena.

I think one of those will be signed pre-Watford with the Lizard carefully playing Zurich off against Cardiff to secure the best deal.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
I'd be worried if we were spending more than £13.5m on Zohore or Dwemena.

I think one of those will be signed pre-Watford with the Lizard carefully playing Zurich off against Cardiff to secure the best deal.
Which one of these do people think would be more sucesful in our squad ?.

A major part of the art of negotiating is to dampen down your suppliers' expectations of what you will pay.

Hughton has just done that, warned any sellers that we aren't going to pay silly money - completely right in my opinion. There will be plenty of clubs out there who will think Brighton have just ht the Premier League jackpot, they'll be loaded so let's ramp up our prices.

But he's left the door open by saying he doesn't "expect"

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Havent really seen enough of either, but from the little i have on YouTube etc. Id say Zohore, just because ge is already settled in the UK, its one less risk.

I'd also say that Zohore is playing at a higher standard, so perhaps more proven, however in Dwamena's defence, you can only play against what is in front of you and he certainly hasn't had a problem with that.

If there is any truth in the Zohore/Hemed swap, then i would expect both.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A major part of the art of negotiating is to dampen down your suppliers' expectations of what you will pay.

Hughton has just done that, warned any sellers that we aren't going to pay silly money - completely right in my opinion. There will be plenty of clubs out there who will think Brighton have just ht the Premier League jackpot, they'll be loaded so let's ramp up our prices.

But he's left the door open by saying he doesn't "expect"

At best this will result in a game of brinkmanship which will go all the way to the 11th hour of the transfer window, at worst we won't bring anyone in and all our "targets" will be snapped up by others. Unfortunately the market for goal scorers favours the seller not the buyer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

According to Naylor, Oumar Niasse is in the mix too. I think he'd be the most successful short term. Dwemena is a gamble, could be the next George Weah or the next Manu. Zohore would come on for Hemed or Murray once defenses had tired, I don't think he'd be first on the team sheet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not us but potentially more serious than that.
While having a quick catch up with Mrs Destro, this news popped up.

The Albion must step in, having Queen of the WAG's in Croyden would be like Salma Hayek starring in the remake of The Elephant Man.
A complete waste of her god given talents.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crystal-palace-interested-signing-forward-previously-linked-leeds-united/

Throughout this summer Pavoletti has been linked with a move away from Napoli, and Crystal Palace are the latest club to show an interest. The Premier League side have also been linked with Chievo Verona’s Roberto Inglese, and Bologna’s Mattia Destro, although neither seemed especially strong.

At best this will result in a game of brinkmanship which will go all the way to the 11th hour of the transfer window, at worst we won't bring anyone in and all our "targets" will be snapped up by others. Unfortunately the market for goal scorers favours the seller not the buyer.

At the moment it might but that will change as we get towards the end of the window, especially for players from a league below or from overseas. Players and agents will see their chance of a Premier League deal disappearing for at least 6 months.

Doesn't mean we will definitely get our target as Burnley found out last season when we hung on to Stevens so at the end of the day it will come down to how much the player wants to leave and how much his club want to keep him.

I can't see TB paying over what he considers a fair price, or at least not very much over, and that's good enough by me.

And if anyone plays the game of brinkmanship well it's TB

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
According to Naylor, Oumar Niasse is in the mix too. I think he'd be the most successful short term. Dwemena is a gamble, could be the next George Weah or the next Manu. Zohore would come on for Hemed or Murray once defenses had tired, I don't think he'd be first on the team sheet.

We should just end this nonsense now and loan niasse before anyone else gets him !

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Why on earth does anyone want Niasse? Whilst Zohore and Dwamena are unproven in the PL, Niasse is proven in the league... Proven to be shite. Terrible striker, would be gutted if we signed him. Another Best/Paynter/Obika etc etc, wouldn't improve the side at all.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We should just end this nonsense now and loan niasse before anyone else gets him !

Why on earth does anyone want Niasse? Whilst Zohore and Dwamena are unproven in the PL, Niasse is proven in the league... Proven to be shite. Terrible striker, would be gutted if we signed him. Another Best/Paynter/Obika etc etc, wouldn't improve the side at all.

Perhaps this is the conversation going on in the recruitment office and that's why there's been no action. :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Absolutely terrible

So terrible that he scored vs Man U and Liverpool and the hull fans loved him.....

mike1901

May 12, 2017
If we don't get a stiker or two in. We are in serious trouble, if Hemed or Murray pick up an injury theres a good chance we will be down to one striker with Baldocks injury record. Hopefully he will be fit as a fiddle after his latest set back and light up the prem.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As a lot of us have been saying for weeks, to much criticism on here, our fabled recruitment team have had a shocker this pre season. We've got two weeks to sort it out or we're beating Derby's lowest points total. We look completely out of our depth.

Yes I'm a bedwetter and all that but I really don't want to be embarassed like this every week.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a lot of us have been saying for weeks, to much criticism on here, our fabled recruitment team have had a shocker this pre season. We've got two weeks to sort it out or we're beating Derby's lowest points total. We look completely out of our depth.

Yes I'm a bedwetter and all that but I really don't want to be embarassed like this every week.

Nothing to be ashamed of if you wet the bed. Because we're going to be shitting in it soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here