Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Gross and Baldock are sufficient for now, but the wings look weak. Solly is not yet good enough and Jose is still to get to grips with the step up. Knockaert is suffering a lack in confidence and we are left with not a lot.

We should do what Bolton did a few years back with youri djorkaeff and try to pick up an ageing world class player, someone like Franck Ribery. Not as crazy as it sounds, he is 34 and in the last 6 months of his contract.
Big Sam's Bolton team around that time were certainly something well worth watching!

New striker and/or winger, yes, but scoring from elsewhere would be a help - whether that involves new players or a change of tactics. I don't think any of our back four have scored this season, and I think CM have scored once (I may be wrong about that - I'm sure someone will leap in to chastise me if so! - but even if I am wrong, I'm not very far wrong!) That's 7 out of 11 positions in the team that aren't providing any goals!

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
I think Gross and Baldock are sufficient for now, but the wings look weak. Solly is not yet good enough and Jose is still to get to grips with the step up. Knockaert is suffering a lack in confidence and we are left with not a lot.

We should do what Bolton did a few years back with youri djorkaeff and try to pick up an ageing world class player, someone like Franck Ribery. Not as crazy as it sounds, he is 34 and in the last 6 months of his contract.
Someone like that would be brilliant for the run in and would bring some much needed experience only problem is without any emotional attachment to our club why would he sign? World class generally have it easy over there career and I can’t see many up for a relegation scrap at the end of their career when easier options would be available that said I’ve noticed Schweinsteiger is without a club, he would be brilliant as a sidwell replacement and bring a lot of much needed experience as I often feel we are abit naive although not quick he should still be able to control large parts of a game and his quality would shine through, but again doubt he’d come think he’s had offers again from MLS and Bundesliga

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Someone like that would be brilliant for the run in and would bring some much needed experience only problem is without any emotional attachment to our club why would he sign? World class generally have it easy over there career and I can’t see many up for a relegation scrap at the end of their career when easier options would be available that said I’ve noticed Schweinsteiger is without a club, he would be brilliant as a sidwell replacement and bring a lot of much needed experience as I often feel we are abit naive although not quick he should still be able to control large parts of a game and his quality would shine through, but again doubt he’d come think he’s had offers again from MLS and Bundesliga

You're probably right, relegation scraps aren't that enticing, but a bumper bonus if we stay up and the chance of experiencing Premier League football might be a draw?

We could also go for Demba Ba, lure him back from China for one last whirl at the big time.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be honest we need to change our style of play rather than just think that getting a new striker is going to turn it around. We need to up the tempo and get the ball forward quicker .

Defensively either play 3 centrebacks or play Goldson instead of Duffy

We could also make better use of what we have , Sutner is a better player than Bong, Kayal was and probably still is a better central midfielder than Propper., Izquierdo is the best of our wingers and he gets subbed early.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
To be honest we need to change our style of play rather than just think that getting a new striker is going to turn it around. We need to up the tempo and get the ball forward quicker .

Defensively either play 3 centrebacks or play Goldson instead of Duffy

We could also make better use of what we have , Sutner is a better player than Bong, Kayal was and probably still is a better central midfielder than Propper., Izquierdo is the best of our wingers and he gets subbed early.

Sorry, but how can Izquierdo get subbed early when CH, according to most on here, never makes early subs??

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry, but how can Izquierdo get subbed early when CH, according to most on here, never makes early subs??

interesting question - as far as i am aware he was not injured so why CH chose to make a substitution on 45 mins for the player who really needs a good run in the team is beyond me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last chance saloon for the albion now.

We need to take the transfer window by the scruff of the neck finally - or we are in grave danger of throwing last year's achievement away.

17 days left and falling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because he and CH had a massive falling out as the teams left the pitch at half time (apparently) ?

Possibly not good if that’s true. I’m not sure mild mannered (in public) CH is that forgiving a person ( no idea if this is true, just a feeling)

Izquierdo running at full tilt with the ball has been one of the highlights of the season for me.

March is likely to be the beneficiary if Jose falls even more out of favour and I much prefer José.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly not good if that’s true. I’m not sure mild mannered (in public) CH is that forgiving a person ( no idea if this is true, just a feeling)

Izquierdo running at full tilt with the ball has been one of the highlights of the season for me.

Agree, hope not. Think he’s decent - we’re just not getting the ball to him enough (Propper and Stephens need to ping him more balls to run on to).

https://twitter.com/bbcsussexsport/status/952198755251613698

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

March is likely to be the beneficiary if Jose falls even more out of favour and I much prefer José.

Problem is it appears he's not allowed to be as attacking as he would like.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yep........and getting slated for not defending it seems.....

Then Hughton says we have to create more. Sorry Chris the tactics are not helping.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
‘Defend at all costs.......the, IF we get a chance, maybe we can go forward.....’ ??

In the hope the opposition make a mistake as our creative players can't join the attack as they are expected to cover our wide defenders who can't close down anyone.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not sure Izquierdo Up sticks and moved here to become a glorified full back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep........and getting slated for not defending it seems.....

He probably thought he was coming here as an attacker but our wingers are being used as extra fullbacks for most of the game and when they do break there is **** all for them to do with the ball once they get in a threatening position apart from do it themselves or wait for our lumbering team to get up with them, most of the time that means the defence is back as well.

All our wingers are suffering from this negativity hence they all look a bit rubbish doing what they are best at :shrug:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here