Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m very pleased with our recruitment so far this window. Just 3 more ‘essentials’ to go IMHO: CB Moore? CM Yves? And winger??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I’m very pleased with our recruitment so far this window. Just 3 more ‘essentials’ to go IMHO: CB Moore? CM Yves? And winger??

Agreed. Hopefully Bissouma and two others will come in. Could be a fourth of CM/AM to replace Baldock (the former meaning Propper challenges Gross more) but that is less urgent

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
So far so good ......We must not concede so many goals from set pieces and score more goals ourselves.....IMO we have work to do !!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Totally disagree. 'Football fans' with no football intelligence might, but i reckon those shrewder would, after the success of our unknown signings last season, feel we might have pulled off another set of gems. Balogun, Bernardo and Andone definitely look like they could have lots to offer. Not every team signs 'World class' players with huge reputations- most of the non top 6 sign players who earn those reputations- Watford with Doucoure and Richarlison last year being one of many examples, and Burnley the prime example of a team full of good players that nobody knows- and reaping rewards of that.

It works both ways though.

If we bought well known players, there is no guarantee they will flourish (see Benteke).

Just have to trust our recruitment team.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

It sounds like we are still interested in Moore, but I wonder if Isaac Hayden handing in a transfer request changes that,

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Much disquiet cos They’ve run out of £££. And Hodgkin says they’re in a relegation battle (again) That new stand won’t come cheap poor lambs.

If only they had a valuable asset they could sell. It sounds like they are preparing the fans for an imminent departure.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Because he can play CB aswell, It sounds like he will be cheaper. We also have to learn from Goldson. I think we could keep Hayden happier than perhaps we can Moore who I think can only play CB.

He also would complete our home grown player numbers meaning we could sign a centre back from overseas, where we could get better value

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What does that have to do with anything?

I'm sure most "Premier league fans" have never heard of Balogun, Andone and Bernardo. I'm sure most "Premier league fans" had never heard of Maty Ryan or Pascal Gross when we signed them last summer (to be honest, I'm sure there's a lot of "Premier league fans" who still haven't much of clue who Ryan and Gross are). All of this is irrelevant though.

..or indeed any of our players...why would they?

We don't know half of them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because he can play CB aswell, It sounds like he will be cheaper. We also have to learn from Goldson. I think we could keep Hayden happier than perhaps we can Moore who I think can only play CB.
It's a good point that the club may have learned that keeping non-playing 3rd and 4th choice central defenders happy isn't easy - and so are recruiting players who can also play in alternative positions.

Hayden may well be an alternative to Moore, or alternatively could take Suttner's squad place as we don't need 4 left backs ( as Balogun can play there as well ).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It's a good point that the club may have learned that keeping non-playing 3rd and 4th choice central defenders happy isn't easy - and so are recruiting players who can also play in alternative positions.

Hayden may well be an alternative to Moore, or alternatively could take Suttner's squad place as we don't need 4 left backs ( as Balogun can play there as well ).
I didn't realize that's Balogun can play left back. I did notice Naylor suggesting that maybe Suttner might go

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

If we sign Bissouma and Hayden, I see Hayden being brought as a fourth central midfield option and Propper becoming a more direct competition to Gross. The fact that Hayden is home grown and can play in other positions if needed is more a bonus

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So far so good ......We must not concede so many goals from set pieces and score more goals ourselves.....IMO we have work to do !!!

Yes, l would agree that if we are looking to build on the success of last season, that's about the gist of what we need to do.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If we sign Bissouma and Hayden, I see Hayden being brought as a fourth central midfield option and Propper becoming a more direct competition to Gross. The fact that Hayden is home grown and can play in other positions if needed is more a bonus

I keep seeing Propper being mentioned in the Gross position but never understand why ? Played there twice for Netherlands and that’s about it ... always been part of a midfield 2 or 3

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here