Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have mentioned a couple of times that Tony Cascarino identified in Times a few weeks ago that our salary cap of £40k was going to be a problem, At the time I wondered how he knew and whether he was right. We shall never know the former, but our inability to sign that most expensive resource, coupled with CH admitting a couple of days ago that salaries were proving a problem, strongly suggests he was correct about the cap, at least until realisation dawned too late.

The shame is that we shall need to spend big on two strikers for the Championship next season when we could have done this season and given ourselves a chance.

So sensible.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thats what we just said on Sky Sports news !

Ha! I shouldn't be surprised really, last season I was going through Paddington Station and I saw a guy in full WBA training gear, as I left the Station Chris Hughton was hurriedly entering. Later that night we announced Pocognoli.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Defensive Hughton strikes again !

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
****ing JCLs the lot of you. I put £2 of my £4 a week pocket money in a tin collecting money to buy Rod Thomas. You're all so entitled.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It does need to be said. Since Bloom has been in charge, we've been awful at bringing in strikers.

Ulloa and Barnes are his only decent signings upfront. Bringing Murray back just proved what a bit of awful business we did losing him. If there was any criticism of how things have been done at the Albion since we've finally had cash, it's our recruitment of centre forwards.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
UNLESS Brighton have agreed a deal and simply not yet concluded the announcement (there's still a chance, cos Palace have signed Sakho but have not yet announced it)it has to be said that Winstanley has failed miserably, and the recruitment team should hang their collective heads in shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here