Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He did. Or rather he reported that his club sources had.

Well, yeah. So his sources either tell him the truth or what they want out in the public domain, regardless of whether it is accurate. Obviously. In this particular instance, it would seem rather more likely that the CB we sign will be a HGP.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Naylor knocked this one back earlier .

Hmmm... do we trust Naylor tho'? I mean, he has previous with "No's" that later turn out to be "Yes's"...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sure. His source (Barber I should imagine ) said an “emphatic no” this morning and things can change but
Renewed interest in Moore/O Connell makes far more sense to me and to him

If - IF - we do want Pouraliganji, we'll need to be devious as well as quick. We can't be the only ones to have clocked the fact that Iran's rather useful CM at the WC was going to be a free agent in a couple of weeks.

FWIW I think Pouraliganji would be quite an acquisition - not to mention that we'd have potentially £15M Moore money available to spend if we wanted to!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If - [B[IF[/B] - we do want Pouraliganji, we'll need to be devious as well as quick. We can't be the only ones to have clocked the fact that Iran's rather useful CM at the WC was going to be a free agent in a couple of weeks.

FWIW I think Pouraliganji would be quite an acquisition - not to mention that we'd have potentially £15M Moore money available to spend if we wanted to!

I agree, then we just have the HGP issue to sort out...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If - IF - we do want Pouraliganji, we'll need to be devious as well as quick. We can't be the only ones to have clocked the fact that Iran's rather useful CM at the WC was going to be a free agent in a couple of weeks.

If we wanted to, that 15m would be found anyway.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
IN : Morteza, Isaac Hayden
OUT : Suttner

works pretty well I reckon. And sorts out HGP levels.

I hear what you're saying, but I've not seen anything form Hayden that suggests he's good enough for our squad. And he always seems to be injured (though that may just be my perception)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could CH promote Sanders and Molumby as 4th choice DM cover but would the fact they are young not qualify them as HGP.

He doesn't need to, plus throwing one or either of them into the first team could set their progress back years. Neither are anything like ready yet in my opinion, and need a season or two out on loan playing senior football, before they could even be considered.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I realise this. But in order to have as strong a squad as possible to cope with injuries and suspensions, we must try to name a full 25 man squad. So, 17 Non-HGPs and 8 HGPs.

I agree but the idea of promoting a Dev squad player to the 1st team squad as they're a hgp is misguided (I realise you didn't suggest this).

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
We don’t even play a DM. We play two CM, and we have 4 of them.

Well, Sanders is usually more box-to-box anyway, but played DM for England U19s. Molumby is more of a DM, but then he also scored a hat-trick for Ireland last season, so I think the DM aspect is not the problem.

The problem is that BG's suggestion just fundamentally makes no sense at all.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We don't need a particular number of HGPs. The rule is you can't have more than 17 non-HGPs.

Which means it is optimal to have (at least) 8 HGP’s or you will have a squad of less than 25. We have 7 definite HGP’s plus Sam B and Oliver N. If we sign Moore or JOC we’re sorted. If we sign Pouraliganji, then we will have to retain one of Sam or Oliver or sign another HGP and offload a non-HGP, such as Suttner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our CM options are, roughly in order, Stephens, Propper, Bissouma, Kayal, Norwood (if here), Gross, Bernardo, and then perhaps Molumby - though possibly behind Bruno, too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here