Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So the bloke who hates football, has no interest in coaching and is only playing for the money has given up his summer break to go and coach 'soccer' to kids in America................

Exactly. I think the club are onto a winner with offering the coaching as well as playing. I think that could interest BZ or any other quality player at the latter stages of playing.

The tweet could have been about meeting a few days ago. No matter who Zamora signs for, he'll have to come back to train for pre season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Free agent Bobby Zamora has been mentioned with Brighton & Hove Albion in recent weeks after the striker was released by QPR at the end of last season.

However, Brighton manager Chris Hughton tells Sky Sports News that so far no move to the seasiders has been confirmed.

It's tomorrow then, obviously!
#believe

Ooooh, oooohh 'so far'. Tease !

Not sure if this has been posted, Hughton basically admitted on SSN that he is a target, but didn't sound sure we would get him:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/ a few down.

Looking very very unlikely that he will be unveiled tomorrow then. Seems as if neither party really knows for sure what will happen.

Bit of a shock scrolling down to find this, to see Baldock has gone out on loan to Oxford!

Different one, fortunately (Baldock, not Oxford)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He looked away when asked if we were after him....now we all know what that means..,
Tony's mate Victor has taken the book down after a flurry of bets from 4/1 to 1/2 & also the team has been shortened up with the major firms which would have taken decent in the know money on transfers in cod last years squad wouldn't have pulled in a bean
VSCR 9

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nice choice of words by CH.

Obviously nothing has been confirmed. Confirmed to whom is the question. Not to the fans ( yet ).

It will only be confirmed by an article on seagulls.co.uk :lolol:

#Believe

Far be it from me to piss on everyone's (including my own) chips but it would suit the club if this deflects attention from our real targets.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Hmmm. Appears we are on the lookout for utility players - ones who can play and coach. Soon have more coaches than Crawley Travel.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Signing Zamora is a bad idea and will backfire I'm sure....he was good along time ago and he's way past it now.
Why waste 20k+ Per week on him when it can be used to find younger players who'll be an asset to the club.

Going down this route of signing old players is becoming a joke now

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Signing Zamora is a bad idea and will backfire I'm sure....he was good along time ago and he's way past it now.
Why waste 20k+ Per week on him when it can be used to find younger players who'll be an asset to the club.

Going down this route of signing old players is becoming a joke now

McCourt and Hughes were the only two players aged 30 or over that we signed permanently last season.

Bent and Al-Habsi were 30 and 32 respectively and played a grand total of 6 matches between them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
McCourt and Hughes were the only two players aged 30 or over that we signed permanently last season.

Bent and Al-Habsi were 30 and 32 respectively and played a grand total of 6 matches between them.
We have many ageing players and we just keep offering them contracts...Bruno,caldy and Greer are way past it now.
Let's see what the average age is when we start against forest....bet it's around 29

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
How many did McCourt and Hughes play?

According to Wikipedia (I know, not always the most reliable) McCourt made ten league appearances whilst Hughes also appeared ten times in the league and played three league cup matches.

I know our squad isn't the youngest, but to suggest it's something of a club policy to sign older players is ludicrous.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
According to Wikipedia (I know, not always the most reliable) McCourt made ten league appearances whilst Hughes also appeared ten times in the league and played three league cup matches.

I know our squad isn't the youngest, but to suggest it's something of a club policy to sign older players is ludicrous.
It's not ludicrous when we can see that most players we sign are around 30...Wait til forest and you'll see.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's not ludicrous when we can see that most players we sign are around 30...Wait til forest and you'll see.

No issue with 30+ players if they are good enough . Can get a few years out of them .

We have an academy for real young players to come through .

We've only signed 2 players , it's still June

Think your getting your knickers a bit damp about it all to be honest mate

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We have many ageing players and we just keep offering them contracts...Bruno,caldy and Greer are way past it now.
Let's see what the average age is when we start against forest....bet it's around 29

That's a very different complaint to signing new players in the twilight of their careers.

Bruno played almost every single game under Hughton and his standard of performance was rarely anything to complain about. Rosenior has likely now taken his place as the starting RB so Bruno will still be a very useful squad member. I'm a big fan of Greer but I will admit he wasn't up to scratch in the latter half of the season, I have no qualms about him staying as a 3rd choice centre-back though as I believe the extra rest between games will do his performances a world of good. As for Calde, there's got to be room for some sentiment in football? :thumbsup: I have nothing to back this up but I doubt any of them are on enormous wages anyway.

For a club that lacks the financial clout to match many sides in this division, can you suggest any young, talented and crucially, affordable players that we could be signing?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Aged 29 each, Halford and Colunga were the only players we signed that could be described as around 30. Your point still doesn't stand up.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Aged 29 each, Halford and Colunga were the only players we signed that could be described as around 30. Your point still doesn't stand up.
It doesn't have to as it won't stop it being made regardless of facts or common wisdom.

Let the negative ones be negative and enjoy the lovely weather instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here