Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the Albion's all time cult hero??

All time cult hero??

• Peter Ward

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Bobby Zamora

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Gary Hart

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Bobby Smith

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • John Crumplin

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Michel Kuipers

• Garry Nelson

• Mark Lawrenson

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Sergei Gotsmanov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Another player not listed

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Guy Butters.

Crumplin for me. By definition a cult hero is someone who gains following by unconventional appeal. That has to be the F.G.
Gotsmanov and possibly Kuipers could fit the definition, but the others on the list are classic heroes by their obvious football quality. That could rule out gotsmanov too if it wasn't for the fact that he was a loon on and off the pitch.

Hans Kraay is a good shout, but he was with us for two years and only played one half of a season at the end before he moved on and that doesn't compare with 5 seasons that Jc had.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He shot, he scored, it must be Peter Ward, Peter Ward, Peter Ward..... in a song sort of way.

Messi like in his skill, shoot with both feet, could head the ball, only went down in the box ( he played in a different era to today).

Called to England duty as a third division player.

For anyone that's not seen him, just check out some of the u tubes on him.

Told a great joke about Cloughie at the centenary dinner.

A joy to watch and so fast.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Steve Foster of course!

and Jimmy Case, and Frank Worthington, and Terry Connor, and Gary Stevens, and Michael Robinson, and Gerry Ryan ... of course!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Eric 'Groucho ' Steele

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I love Peter Ward, always did, my first "favourite player" but he was far too good to be a "cult hero". Unless I've always misunderstood the meaning, a cult hero is someone who is idolised waaay beyond their limited ability, and not because people have any false, rose-tinted view of their abilities, but simply because they have become immensely popular, but in a very small, specific to our fans, way. So a hero to us, but no-one else would have ever heard of them.

It's therefore not Ward, or Zamora or Lawro, it's Johnny Crumplin Football Genius, of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here