Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the Albion this coming season.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am expecting a lot of games to end 1-0. I am hoping that we score the one goal in enough of those to avoid a relegation battle. Sadly, anything more than that seems unrealistic given how we finished last season and what we are likely to achieve in rebuilding up the squad over the next 2 months.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nothing yet to suggest we are capable of getting the huge amount of goals needed to fire our way out of the Championship like B'Muff, Norwich & Warford; so currently I believe we'll finish 15-20. But if we purchase some goal scorers and change our tactics, I'll be a lot happier as I really rate our midfield 6 & Dunky.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am expecting more programme notes informing fans how difficult it is to compete with clubs that have parachute payments and meet FFP, only to see one of these clubs with the payments reach the top 6 and one get relegated. I am expecting to be shown up by one of last seasons clubs promoted, to be in the top 6 promotion mix. I am also expecting another embarrassing PR statement like "Premier league ready or One club one ambition"
And another poor season, with the ground looking more empty as the season progresses.

But also hope that my expectations are completely wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Currently I can see relegation looming. Nothing has changed since the end of the season and until we sign some quality players and at least one striker who has some sort of track record against Championship teams, I will continue to feel as if I am being mugged off again.

If we are going to be told we have the most expensive Albion team ever again at season's start, I hope we will have spent wisely this time around and not stuffed the team with loans

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Currently I can see relegation looming. Nothing has changed since the end of the season and until we sign some quality players and at least one striker who has some sort of track record against Championship teams, I will continue to feel as if I am being mugged off again.

Give them a chance! The transfer window only opened 9 hours ago

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Give them a chance! The transfer window only opened 9 hours ago

I was giving my CURRENT expectations based on the last three transfer windows. We have been absolute shite in two of them yet been told what good business we had done. I feel the board have something to prove with their transfer dealings this season. My confidence in them delivering is low.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Avoid relegation. It is difficult to see anything other than that at the moment. But if some good players get brought in, who knows.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The last eight matches of the season just passed suggest staying up would be the best we can hope for.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Unless we sort out the striker situation we might as well change our name to Brighton and Hove Albion Nil because all the 1-0 wins mentioned on here will be for the opposition. That said, it's still way too soon to have expectations as opposed to hopes and dreams. We REALLY need a good Summer 'cos without it we're up sh*t creek en route for the waterfall.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I'm going to buck the general doom and gloom mood on this thread and say I'm feeling (and expecting) positive things this season. Last season was bad but I don't think anyone from the board to the players wants to repeat that experience and lessons have been learn't. They've made a positive start already by shipping out the dead wood from the team and have publicly stated that they won't be going down the short term loan route again to paper over the cracks. The one signing that CH has made in Kayal has had a significant impact on the team and I expect more will follow (I'm deliberately ignoring the Best loan!).

I expect with the newly revamped scouting team and CH at the helm we'll make some good signings this summer and we'll be back in the top half of the table next season with a view to having a proper go in 16/17.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm feeling pretty positive, oddly enough.

CH had one job when he came in: to keep us up. He did that, admittedly by little more than a witches bush but he did it. It's the first time in two years that we've had some damn stability in the summer as well. A revamped scouting network/style has presumably been hard at work since the heave-ho of the old regime so we may actually see some business before the window slams shut.

On the field we have the exciting prospect of a fully fit Dale Stephens pairing up with Rohan Ince and Beram Kayal; that's a potent midfield already. Dunk will hopefully stay and continue his impressive form. I am worried about all the other positions but, as above, I have faith in the revamped scouting and having a manager who must know the weaknesses of the squad already.

Rambling but its a :thumbsup: from me.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I'd settle for some exciting home games and a few more wins. They were terrible last season and unexciting the season before (still don't know how we made the playoffs then!).

Hughton has a pretty good track record and kept us up with a poor side incapable of scoring goals. If not him, who do you want in post?! Even Mourinho would struggle with the current bunch.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here