Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the Albion this coming season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Probably the best game at the Amex when we lost 0-1 to Burnley, down to 9 men, the crowd were immense and the players fought hard, Poyet resorted to using the long ball and CMS nearly snatched an equaliser in the last minutes. WE lost, but it was the most entertaining! Sorry my friend, but, you are also pedalling mistruths.

Wasn't sure to take this response as serious or just a mild mannered joke? Assuming it's the former, here's a question - how many times have you seen a game involving the Albion, in which two players have been dismissed in the opening few minutes, only for us to hang on for dear life and very nearly pull off the impossible? I'll tell you how many times I've witnessed this in 30 years. ONCE!! Ridiculous response which lacks any credibility whatsoever. Fans want success, end of story.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that mid-table is the best hope as things stand, but I think we'll avoid the relegation mire.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Anything that doesn't feature the word 'relegation' will suit me very well. I'd rather not hear 'points deduction' either; or "What do you mean by 'fill it up'?".

Tired of that last one.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel the same as last season and that might change depending on what we do in the transfer window and what real quality players we bring in to get us in the top 10

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Yes, the bookies have us firmly in their middle bunch of teams. Probably at least two of those teams will make the play-offs.

I am very confident that we will challenge at the right end of the table this year. All we need is a 20 goal striker.
we need a creative midfielder who can unlock the defence in tight games and we need a quality winger and a quality centre half to partner dunk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
we will romp this league next season.........you heard it here first.........or possibly someone else said it,i didnt read the whole thread

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am hopeful of top 6 and really hopeful that we will recruit the players to push for automatic promotion What would we have without hope.

You are right to be hopeful, BensGrandad. We have made the top 6 two seasons out of three so I would have thought that, alone, was a reason to be optimistic. There any many doom and gloomers on here who expect us to lose from day one, so it is great to be positive.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Wasn't sure to take this response as serious or just a mild mannered joke? Assuming it's the former, here's a question - how many times have you seen a game involving the Albion, in which two players have been dismissed in the opening few minutes, only for us to hang on for dear life and very nearly pull off the impossible? I'll tell you how many times I've witnessed this in 30 years. ONCE!! Ridiculous response which lacks any credibility whatsoever. Fans want success, end of story.

Make no error, i'm not one who salivates over the 'passing game' and wants to see pure football over goalscoring. I actually thought Poyets football boring and unexciting, you're right that was probably the one of the very few occasions when we've lost when I havn't felt to despondent, as I did for both the Arsenal cup games. We missed our chance two seasons ago because we couldn't score goals, in the words of Bill Clinton, its 'the goals stupid'.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Avoiding relegation would be a success as its goner be far harder next season and with negative hooton in charge I see a very boring season ahead with 44 goals scored all season long....Nothing new though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here