Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When is it acceptable to become a bed wetter?

When do signings have to be made before you start to wet the bed?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never - it's the most cringey phrase NSC has produced to date.. And that's saying something....
I'm guilty of liking the phrase. I never like seeing the Albion lose, but the worst thing when we lose is coming on here and seeing all the doom and gloom. And I'm not talking about last season, where much of it was justified, I'm talking about the general attitude of the bedwetters when things don't go according to plan. I often have to avoid NSC when we lose, because it's just too wet.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't like the terms Bedwetter/Licker either but I did vote on this poll as I will be "concerned/Worried" if we have signed no one decent by end of July.

We need to have "some" new players available for the friendlies, even if it's only one or two.

I don't expect to have all our players in by then. There will be more horse trading just before the transfer window closes. That's to be expected for most teams.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm guilty of liking the phrase. I never like seeing the Albion lose, but the worst thing when we lose is coming on here and seeing all the doom and gloom. And I'm not talking about last season, where much of it was justified, I'm talking about the general attitude of the bedwetters when things don't go according to plan. I often have to avoid NSC when we lose, because it's just too wet.

What a load of sanctimonious horse shit :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
the majority of our transfers would be freebies or budget buys..

We made our biggest signing ever, our 4th biggest signing ever and 2 more signings that were reported to be in the £500K + range (Holla and COG). Compared to other clubs in the Champ, and even our relatively recent history of signings they weren't in anyway budget buys.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I would like to think that with Hughton in charge business will get done sooner. He must have more contacts that Hoopla did. ???
However if the bulk of our singings aren't completed by end of July I will be slipping quietly into my incontinence suit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The problem last summer was when the club propagandists would shout people down and call them bedwetters when they made the valid point that signing Chris O'Grady at a similar time to selling Leo Ulloa wasn't exactly a statement of intent for promotion (and the laughable claim from Barber bunker that signing someone who plays in the same position as Leo wasn't a replacement). Having had the likes of Vicente, Wayne Bridge and Matthew Upson sign in recent years, most of us could see that there was a gradual erosion of talent at the club going on - We even started with Fenelon up front last year. Instead of a debate it turned into a lickers v bedwetters argument and any sense was lost.

Anyone that wasn't concerned when Ward decided to go to Burnley leaving us without a left back, the season started and a bunch of bang average signings was an idiot in my view. There will be a similar watershed this year but hopefully of the other kind when we sign some top quality players we can get excited about.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We made our biggest signing ever, our 4th biggest signing ever and 2 more signings that were reported to be in the £500K + range (Holla and COG). Compared to other clubs in the Champ, and even our relatively recent history of signings they weren't in anyway budget buys.
Who was our biggest signing ever last summer?
When you consider we sold 1 player for £8m+, and received good money for Barnes, Bridcutt and Buckley, it doesn't really cut the mustard does it. These little stats will always work in the favour of your argument, fast forward 10 years and we might spend £5m on an average midfielder, unfortunately that's the direction money and football are heading, it doesn't necessarily mean we're getting greater quality but simply paying the going rate.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What a load of shite, taking it further does moaning about bedwetters make you a bedwetter about bed wetting. Our recent history in transfer market has put doubt in a lot of people's minds and until they see that correctly there will be a negative attitude.
Last year they said judge us at the start of the season/ end of the window and a lot of people did, I shall do the same this year but currently I have my doubts, looking forward to being proved wrong.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When we willy wave over £200k to Wolves having agreed wages already with an international proven left back.

Thats when.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Who was our biggest signing ever last summer?
When you consider we sold 1 player for £8m+, and received good money for Barnes, Bridcutt and Buckley, it doesn't really cut the mustard does it. These little stats will always work in the favour of your argument, fast forward 10 years and we might spend £5m on an average midfielder, unfortunately that's the direction money and football are heading, it doesn't necessarily mean we're getting greater quality but simply paying the going rate.

Yep. Spend early, Spend even more, Spend better. Perhaps we should have done. But the little stats show we certainly spent. A lot.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep. Spend early, Spend even more, Spend better. Perhaps we should have done. But the little stats show we certainly spent. A lot.

Again, when you consider we received over £12m we didn't exactly go crazy, did we. My argument isn't necessarily about how much we spend, but how we use what we do spend. Ward and Conway were there for the taking at value, but we let them
both slip through the net. Instead we stocked up with loans and players that offered nothing to the team eg Colunga, McCourt, Hughes, Holla.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Baldock and CMS fees were both reported to be 2.5m. But yep. CMS add ons effectively make him #1 with Baldock #2 and Ulloa #3 (of all time) .£1m+ Stockdale and Buckley bringing up the rear.

We know you love to provide a link, can you share one that reports Baldock cost £2.5m. Thanks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm pleased that the club seeming to be raising the bar with their current interests. A lot of it depends on players and agents. That's when they often have to start working down the list. So I'm retiring from my obsessive following of this and sticking to the Cricket threads for the next couple of months.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
13/2 relegation at the moment

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We know you love to provide a link, can you share one that reports Baldock cost £2.5m. Thanks

It was undisclosed so hard to tell until we get the accounts and often clubs don't tell the true story. This report said "close to £2m" http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Sale-S...City-close-2/story-22849512-detail/story.html but there will be add ons. Doubt he earnt many of them last season mind :) Yep agreed i got it wrong just then in saying we made our biggest ever signing. It was our 2nd biggest !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is expressing disappointment at scoring only 4 goals in 14 games classed as bedwetting?
Good god no, you need to do much better than that. Try:
"We've only scored 4 goals in 14 games because Bloom is more interested in building hotels, he's gambled the Ulloa money on the toss of a coin and now he's trying to flog us to some middle eastern thief who's going to asset strip our club. Typical rich get richer while we the fans suffer. First the club lost its soul and went corporate, now it's selling the few decent players we had. That's it for me, I'm done with this club. I'll go and watch another local team, and if there's anything left of BHA in 5 years time I might come and watch again as they try and get back into the football league."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Again, when you consider we received over £12m we didn't exactly go crazy, did we. My argument isn't necessarily about how much we spend, but how we use what we do spend. Ward and Conway were there for the taking at value, but we let them
both slip through the net. Instead we stocked up with loans and players that offered nothing to the team eg Colunga, McCourt, Hughes, Holla.

Conveniently left out O'Grady

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here