Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami to be No. 2 at Anfield

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
To help continue their demise?

Rodgers has tinkered with a 3-5-2 formation, maybe Hyypia thought that sounds sexy or Rodgers sexy. Who knows.

Don't be silly! Sami never played a 3-5-2. He played a 2-4-2-1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Er, they finished THIRD under Hyypia in 2013 and FOURTH in 2014, which is when he was sacked. So that's hardly proof of incompetence, is it?

He was the wrong man at the wrong time when he arrived here. I don't believe he was responsible for some of the shocking shìt recruitment, but he seemed unable to motivate, unable to switch formation effectively and was shockingly passive on the touchlines. I'm speculating, but maybe with better players some of these things just don't matter at a higher level? :shrug:

I think the first decent finish was when he had a quality co manager, when he left the team went into the sort of form we showed under Hyypia, he was then replaced and the new manager recovered the situation. Doing this from memory as we were warned when he joined that he was somewhat clueless by people who followed Leverkausen. I'm not sure he is ever going to make a manager, he doesn't come across as either intelligent or motivational enough. His tactics were just fecking thick with the slow old men we had to choose the defence and midfield from.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the first decent finish was when he had a quality co manager, when he left the team went into the sort of form we showed under Hyypia, he was then replaced and the new manager recovered the situation. Doing this from memory as we were warned when he joined that he was somewhat clueless by people who followed Leverkausen. I'm not sure he is ever going to make a manager, he doesn't come across as either intelligent or motivational enough. His tactics were just fecking thick with the slow old men we had to choose the defence and midfield from.

I wouldn't disagree, I just think it's a case of the jury being out rather than writing him off because of his experience here. He may prove shit elsewhere too, but there were just too many things broken during his time here.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We will see. He'll certainly have better players more capable of executing his game plans. Remember, he won't be hamstrung by David Burke's utterly shithouse moneyball spreadsheet.

Which is the right answer.

And Sami was an honorable chap resigning when Bloom, Barber etc didnt have the cojones to sack him when it was quite clear it wasnt working. Sami could have sat on his contract while we did a Blackpool.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£10M for Dunky ?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think he'll make a good number 2. He needs to give it 10 years learning management under people like Brendan before he tries being a number 1 again.

As quickly as that? :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We will see. He'll certainly have better players more capable of executing his game plans. Remember, he won't be hamstrung by David Burke's utterly shithouse moneyball spreadsheet.

That seems to be one of the biggest problems at Liverpool, the FSG Transfer Committee has made an absolute shambles of their transfers so far, but rather than get the chop themselves they point the finger of justice and blame at Marsh at Pascoe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That seems to be one of the biggest problems at Liverpool, the FSG Transfer Committee has made an absolute shambles of their transfers so far, but rather than get the chop themselves they point the finger of justice and blame at Marsh at Pascoe.
Sturridge injured, Ballotelli useless - yet they still hardly played Ricky Lambert. Don't think he was injured. Time for him to start looking to end his career in a slightly lower division perhaps?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sturridge injured, Ballotelli useless - yet they still hardly played Ricky Lambert. Don't think he was injured. Time for him to start looking to end his career in a slightly lower division perhaps?

Rodgers is a curious character, in the absence of his main striker he ignored Lambert and Borini in favour of Sterling, a player who clearly has little shooting ability. Causes his own problems sometimes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure that Danny Ings is a Top 6 striker and I'm not convinced Sami will bring much to the party at Liverpool. If Sterling leaves this could be a car crash season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rodgers is a curious character, in the absence of his main striker he ignored Lambert and Borini in favour of Sterling, a player who clearly has little shooting ability. Causes his own problems sometimes.

Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane will make millions out of football but if you ask me, they are average to good players but also players, nothing more who are quite easily nullified by good defenders.

The top sides for the most part stopped Kane from scoring against them last season. And if you were to watch the World Cup matches for England, especially against Uruguy. They just put that big bruzer of a central defender at left back against Sterling and once he blootered him once then Sterling didn't even want the ball near him for the rest of the match

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sounds like exactly what he needs. A few years as number two learn the tough boss side of things and then try again.

Good luck to him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Well, they had a crap summer of recruitment last season so perhaps they are going to tempt Burke to link up with Sami :) and improve things.

Still they did beat Chelsea , City, Arsenal and Man U to Ings !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here