Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton FINALLY back from holiday

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Desperately need him to work his charismatic magic on the rest of our targets before they yawn and turn us down.

Having the best stadium and training ground as well as paying among the best wages in the division doesn't seem to have impressed anyone so far.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the Iranian turning us down, and the Zamora transfer crumbling away, it's been a disasterous summer so far.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
HUGHTON finally back from holiday.
Unwarranted thread.
Fer Christs sake, you make Victor Meldrew look like Mr Happy. Have you seriously got nothing more terrible in your world than CH having his holiday out of season causes you such concern. If you want to have a dig at him, wait until at least January and your concern just might have some credibility.
And if you genuinely don't want comments about bed wetting, go to the toilet before posting. :facepalm:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
i think as fans we have a right to be a bit worried.

Last year's summer transfer window was a shambles and from all the threads on here talking about players about to sign and then not doing, I'm not confident.

I know we need to be patient - I would be interested to see how many Championship clubs have signed players so far - but the track record of signings since Gus left has been poor. Mumblings about FFP aren"t helping either.

There are clearly issues with players wanting to come. I just wish I knew what the problem was

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
For those more ITK than me when do I start to worry? If we haven't signed any outfield players by the time the players report back in a few days, by the Alps trip, first game or close of the window? Or do I only need to worry when the Barber email, working hard, ffp, parachute payments etc arrives.
May not be time to go overboard but certainly disappointing to date, after last season I assumed the club would act quickly.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
For those more ITK than me when do I start to worry? If we haven't signed any outfield players by the time the players report back in a few days, by the Alps trip, first game or close of the window? Or do I only need to worry when the Barber email, working hard, ffp, parachute payments etc arrives.
May not be time to go overboard but certainly disappointing to date, after last season I assumed the club would act quickly.

We get played every time by agents and inevitably end up being gazumped by other Championship teams who are prepared to take greater risks with players fees and salaries. I can only see one or two uninspiring signings, a couple more development squad additions and the rest of the team bulked out with loanees. Its a direct consequence of our approach. Maybe I'll be wrong though .......................................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

"Judge us at the end of the transfer window."

I think that's how it goes...

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I would say before 1st game - end of window is too late. Possibly add a couiple of season loans from Prem clubs but bulk of business should be done before 1st game (ideally when pre season properly starts)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Indeed.

The points we threw away last season in the first month of the season (ie BEFORE the end of the window) were nearly enough to send us down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
10% of the season is gone before the end of the transfer window.

Is our strategy to rely on the other teams also not getting their acts together, and being understrength as well ? ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I will start wetting the bed if we trot out the squad we have at the moment at the Lewes friendly.

Just under a month. Thats ****in plenty of time to get players in and bedded bar one or two key, long term loans (like a Bridge, Upson, Ward etc)

I dobt want a ****ing flurry of unproven shit like ballbag, clunge and holla when the season starts.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Correct. In fact the full repertoire is as follows:

After the above, it's straight onto the crowd-pleasing "Well, judge us at the end of the loan window". And after that it's onto the evergreen "well, there's always the January window, maybe we can pull things around then".

Then there's any number of the classics: "well, there's always next season/I thought you were meant to stand by your club no matter what/we've known worse times than this/can't believe what a load of glory hunters we've picked up at Falmer".

Ah the sweet, timeless sounds of summer.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Chris is lucky we did not offer a days holiday for every goal we have scored since the end of January. He would have only accrued enough for a long weekend break. From the photo of Paul Barber it looks like the 2 of them have been doing some clothes shopping together, as well.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'd start worrying by mid July, if no one has signed by then (or players we've signed which "we" deem not good enough i.e. Best) then there could be some damp patches!

Especially if what we're seeing on the pitch in the first few friendlies isn't confidence boosting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here