Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bent released by Villa... [...and signs for Derby]

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If he was out of contract then I would imagine he would want a 6 or 7 figure golden hello in return for signing, plus 35k a week. However, if he gets Derby promoted with his goals then that outlay will look like chicken shit compared to premier pay outs.

The club needs to learn that you have to speculate to accumulate - as much with the squad as with bricks and mortar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club needs to learn that you have to speculate to accumulate - as much with the squad as with bricks and mortar.

You haven't twigged the plan yet? TB has speculated with the stadium and the training ground, however it's for the younger Albion fans to enjoy as it's going to take at least 10 years to produce the players to sell to fund another charge to the Premier League. This, of course is based on the assumption that he has the right people in place to run the academy.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You haven't twigged the plan yet? TB has speculated with the stadium and the training ground, however it's for the younger Albion fans to enjoy as it's going to take at least 10 years to produce the players to sell to fund another charge to the Premier League. This, of course is based on the assumption that he has the right people in place to run the academy.

Aah, got it now. Thanks for putting me in the picture.:(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he was out of contract then I would imagine he would want a 6 or 7 figure golden hello in return for signing, plus 35k a week. However, if he gets Derby promoted with his goals then that outlay will look like chicken shit compared to premier pay outs.

He still had a year left on his Villa contract when the announcement was made today that he was being released so pretty likely he has got a payoff from Villa plus a signing on fee from Derby.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Never expected Bent to come down and play for BHAFC again, with the way he left and the location always thought that Derby were way ahead in the queue unless a lower Premiership club showed firm interest. TBH I'm more disappointed that we didn't get Alex Pearce, him and Dunk would have made a strong centre back pairing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Like Stephen Ward last season?

Yes, exactly, but.......
1. Yes, we should have sorted Ward out earlier, but I could understand why Burnley in the premiership would be more attractive.
2. Once Derby wanted him, it had to be an attractive proposition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here