Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spinnaker Tower in PORTSMOUTH to be painted RED & WHITE

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I doubt it.
Obviously there was a time :yawn:

Hang on, I've just realised Gobshite doesn't specify Portsmouth or Southampton.

Southampton has never come into the reckoning until, unsurprisingly, now.
And yes a few of their shirts are cropping up in the better half of Sussex.

The dividing line as said has traditionally been Littlehampton/Albion, Bognor/Portsmouth.

Fortunately the Albion's presence, here close to the border, is currently massive and far outweighs any other team.
Probably for the first time ever.

Portsmouth shirts sponsored by Jobsite so just a slight adjustment, does that explain it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Portsmouth shirts sponsored by Jobsite so just a slight adjustment, does that explain it.
Forgive me for not knowing who sponsors Portsmouth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah. The border is most definitely LA to the west and goes far to the east with the line between Hastings and Tunbridge Wells before it peters out I reckon. LA is a Brighton town.
Quite. LA is Brighton, Bognor is Pompey

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thread seems to be missing a gratuitous #twats.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Littlehampton is the traditional end of the Albion's fanbase.
Bognor then begins the march to unbridled glory.

It's all to do with the south coast trains terminating and postcodes.

I used to work in Bognor and yes, unfortunately, it is mostly Pompey. On the street Pompey shirts would outnumber Albion shirts about 3to 1.....mind you, I think Pompey are welcome to the Bognor locals.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I used to work in Bognor and yes, unfortunately, it is mostly Pompey. On the street Pompey shirts would outnumber Albion shirts about 3to 1.....mind you, I think Pompey are welcome to the Bognor locals.

I think you'll also find that the best supported team in Bognor is either Lech Poznam or Wisla Kraków.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:whistle:

image.jpg

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
and less of the Bognor/Pompey jibes please - some of us saw the light when we moved here (and realised there was only 1 team to support on the south coast) !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You’ve got to be some kind of bona-fide 24 carat KNOBBER to get your knickers in a twist over something like this. So the tower will have some RED on it, and that’s weelly weelly howwible, because Southampton play in red…well boo frigging hoo. Reminds me of when Spurs fans all started self-harming one year, because their new shirt sponsor Thomson was written in red letters.

Grow up you snivelling bunch of FREAKS.

Oh, and #twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not as though it's actually the people of Pompey who visit the thing. It's for tourists, right?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A quote from the article, supposedly from that Portsmouth FC bloke:

“It is going to upset a lot of people and the lads on the street. We are going to get the mickey taken out of us.

They ALREADY have the mickey taken out of them...for being a shit team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here