Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly how I feel. I think we're pretty naïve if in 4 weeks time, he states that he has 'fulfilled a dream by signing for Brighton, and looks forward to helping them to the premier league'.

He has made his decision, if he has any balls he'll stick to it - good luck to him with in getting a deal with PSV or AZ. I am more interested in Murphy.
I'd be more worried if a young World Cup playing winger had 'fulfilled a dream by signing for the Albion'.

It appears we already have one winger at the peak of his ambition, the last thing we need is another younger version.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are you 100% sure he visited th Amex ? If he did then it was possibly when the manager wasn't there. I dont think he has met with CH yet. For all those saying he ''if he doesn't wanna come here then we don't want him'' I wouldn't jump on that bandwagon just yet because i am not sure there is any substance in these so called quotes from him or his agent.

The quotes may be true but the interpretation of them could be inaccurate. The lad and his agent are sending out his CV at this point in time, so why wouldn't they doctor to suit the job they are actually applying for. After all, most of us do that.

I think the lad will be a Brighton player next year. I don't really have any basis for thinking that but I think we want him and I just think we have the manager who can sell his vision of playing in the Premiership in a year or so to him.

Looks like Paul Winstanley was showing him around according to the photos elsewhere on this thread.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I understand what you are saying, and I'd love all players who make these sort of statements to come a cropper, but with agents involved, I'd say a lot these quotes will be released to move things in certain directions. I still think, if in a couple of weeks he's here, he'd still be committed to the cause.

Far enough, but agents or not, there are more subtle ways of playing for time and for that reason I'm out :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Looks like Paul Winstanley was showing him around according to the photos elsewhere on this thread.

CH def wasn't in Brighton when it happened I am almost certain. I am surprised they wouldn't co-ordinate his visit when the manager would have been around for talks

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Far enough, but agents or not, there are more subtle ways of playing for time and for that reason I'm out :)

Quite, it's a bit like if we made a stupid over the top offer to a player who then turns down other opportunities to join us, thus missing out on those other clubs, and then us saying we don't think you are up to this league and taking the pen away from him as he is about to sign.

I have said before that I think we have dodged a bullet with him, so well played the club for forcing his hand.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whenever deals like this fall through, I always think back to Calderon looking to move to Southampton.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's just simple business. We made an offer, he said he wanted to see what else he would get offered, we have moved onto our next target. One of two things will happen

1. We agree a deal with an alternative player for that role
2. He comes back before we agree a deal with an alternative player and says he still wants to come

C'est la vie

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
CH def wasn't in Brighton when it happened I am almost certain. I am surprised they wouldn't co-ordinate his visit when the manager would have been around for talks

There is photographic evidence of AJ at the Amex though. Have a look! Do you really think the other transfers were done in two days after CH got back?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whenever deals like this fall through, I always think back to Calderon looking to move to Southampton.

And looking back on that I feel it was as much Gus being his usual sensationalistic self than Calde being particularly close to a move... 'He won't play again' or whatever seemed a bit extreme at the time, given Calde had apparently only said he'd see what Saints were offering...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is photographic evidence of AJ at the Amex though. Have a look! Do you really think the other transfers were done in two days after CH got back?

in short YES. Contract negotiations would all have been worked out beforehand but final decisions from both parties as to whether to accept those deals would have been made in those 2 days after player and manager spoke to each other- The Rosenior one might have been sorted before that but can say no more on that without my lawyer present :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What we do know in this particular case is that Jahanbaksh's agent is a bit of a windbag- any quotes we hear are all about flagging his name up in the market to try and attract interest. Nothing we've heard has been official.

Alright, PSV Eindhoven are a fairly big club, but the other Dutch side he speaks of are hardly a major attraction (unless they're offering huge wages). He's just saying what he knows what suitor would want to hear. Despite that alleged comment about the Dutch League, I'd be almost certain that, if an English Premier League club made him an offer, he'd be heard saying how he'd always wanted to play in England.

Can't put my finger on why exactly, but I haven't quite written this one off in my mind yet. Unlike, say, Adam Clayton when he was talking to Boro. I wouldn't be surprised if we still ended up with the guy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am quite hopefull that this deal still has a chance of happening, I could be wrong but I dont see a much more tempting offer coming his way.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
What we do know in this particular case is that Jahanbaksh's agent is a bit of a windbag- any quotes we hear are all about flagging his name up in the market to try and attract interest. Nothing we've heard has been official.

Alright, PSV Eindhoven are a fairly big club, but the other Dutch side he speaks of are hardly a major attraction (unless they're offering huge wages). He's just saying what he knows what suitor would want to hear. Despite that alleged comment about the Dutch League, I'd be almost certain that, if an English Premier League club made him an offer, he'd be heard saying how he'd always wanted to play in England.

Can't put my finger on why exactly, but I haven't quite written this one off in my mind yet. Unlike, say, Adam Clayton when he was talking to Boro. I wouldn't be surprised if we still ended up with the guy.

Tend to agree. If the other 'bigger' clubs were really interested i think this would have been done by now. Assuming he doesn't get much interest from the 4 or 5 leagues of higher standard than the Championship in Europe, he would definitely consider following the route of others either through Brighton to the Premier league, or better still, with us to the Premier League!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"Jahanbakhsh currently resides in Iran and get a few more days off to pursue his latest recovery workouts before he returns to Nijmegen again. Jahanbakhsh expected to close in early July with the group." (NEC)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems we can officially put this one to bed.

Tehran Times – NIJMEGEN, Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh stated that he has an official offer from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.

“I have a couple offers from Russia, China, the U.S. and Persian Gulf but I don’t want to think about these offers at all. There is a serious offer from AZ Alkmaar which I will consider. I will fly to the Netherland on Wednesday to talk to Alkmaar officials as I want to decide my future in the next two weeks,” Jahanbakhsh told ISNA.

AZ Alkmaar finished third in 2014-15 season and booked a place in the Europa League preliminary round.

The NEC Nijmegen winger who has just rejected a move to Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion admitted that staying with NEC for another year is also another possibility.

“I have still one year left on my contract with NEC Nijmegen and I won’t reject the possibility of playing another year for them. I will consider all options and make a good decision in the next two weeks,” Jahanbakhsh added.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seems we can officially put this one to bed.

Tehran Times – NIJMEGEN, Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh stated that he has an official offer from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.

“I have a couple offers from Russia, China, the U.S. and Persian Gulf but I don’t want to think about these offers at all. There is a serious offer from AZ Alkmaar which I will consider. I will fly to the Netherland on Wednesday to talk to Alkmaar officials as I want to decide my future in the next two weeks,” Jahanbakhsh told ISNA.

AZ Alkmaar finished third in 2014-15 season and booked a place in the Europa League preliminary round.

The NEC Nijmegen winger who has just rejected a move to Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion admitted that staying with NEC for another year is also another possibility.

“I have still one year left on my contract with NEC Nijmegen and I won’t reject the possibility of playing another year for them. I will consider all options and make a good decision in the next two weeks,” Jahanbakhsh added.

Next!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here