Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC in the final U21 squad for European Championship

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I once argued with a poster on Nsc who said that Barnes wasn't nearly good enough for League 1. He was proved wrong too.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I once argued with a poster on Nsc who said that Barnes wasn't nearly good enough for League 1. He was proved wrong too.

Pawn-star-cool-story-bro.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thats the really baffling bit - ive tried to explain briefly why some of the Whitehawk players are better technically than JFC - as an extreme example. I suspect there are many other non league and league players, including other Albion players, who are better technically than JFC too. I suspect he is selected because he can do the job asked of him by England under 21s. I saw no evidence of any outstanding ability on his part when playing for Albion this season. I dont think he is a dreadful player - probably conference premier or league 2 at best. As an Albion product I`d love him to do well, and I`d love him to prove me wrong.
It wasn't a serious question. There is no way a Whitehawk player is better than someone getting picked to play Championshio football by 3 different managers since age 17, not to mention the international call ups.

As has been suggested, it's probably quite easy to look good when you're playing at 4 leagues below, in the same way that CMS looked amazing just one league below.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
It wasn't a serious question. There is no way a Whitehawk player is better than someone getting picked to play Championshio football by 3 different managers since age 17, not to mention the international call ups.

As has been suggested, it's probably quite easy to look good when you're playing at 4 leagues below, in the same way that CMS looked amazing just one league below.

I still maintain that John Paul Kissock is a technically better player than JfC, he was one of the youngest players ever to play in the Everton first team, has more league experience, and is well known as a very skillfull player. Why do you think there is "no way he couldnt be better" - I suspect that you havent seen either player play much, have you? I suspect you would have said in 1985 that there was "no way" a Greenwich Borough player called Ian Wright, could have been better than Albions then main centre forward Terry Connor also an England under 21 player.

Incidentally I saw CMS in his fist game for the Albion in a friendly against Burgess Hill, he was very disappointing, and he didnt look amazing at all - pretty hopeless in fact, just ran around a lot, and didnt play as well as some of the Burgess Hill players in the same game. Like JFC I never understood all the hype with him, but at least he "tries" which is about all than can be said of JFC.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well done JFC. I hope he is with us for many years to come.

He seemed to have a hard time and go backwards a little under the Finn, but has put that behind him.

Best wishes to him for a great tournament.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thats the really baffling bit - ive tried to explain briefly why some of the Whitehawk players are better technically than JFC - as an extreme example. I suspect there are many other non league and league players, including other Albion players, who are better technically than JFC too. I suspect he is selected because he can do the job asked of him by England under 21s. I saw no evidence of any outstanding ability on his part when playing for Albion this season. I dont think he is a dreadful player - probably conference premier or league 2 at best. As an Albion product I`d love him to do well, and I`d love him to prove me wrong.

I've never seen your man Kissock play, so I'll not get into any comparison between the two, but as clearly a football man, I find your asessment of Forster-Caskey a starnge one. You keep going on about 'technically'. Technically, Forster-Caskey is EXCELLENT. His ball retention, and range of passing is of a very decent standard.

You go on to say that "I suspect he is selected because he can do the job asked of him by England under 21s" as though this is the 'only' reason, and something to be taken lightly. The ability to take instruction and undertake a strictly defined role / position is a 'skill' every bit as much as the ability to produce step-overs and Cruyf turns.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't Jeffers is the joint all-time top scorer for the England u21s (with Shearer) ? He only played once for the full squad.
Was Jeffers being kept out of the full England squad by a better Whitehawk player?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great lad and a credit to the club.
It must be hard to play for England one minute and then come home and play with the crap we have put out this year.
Personally felt he needed a rest in the period before Xmas when the summer tournament appeared to affect him.
Each time he takes the field he is playing out of position.
Having seen him play he should be played off the front man.
But he doesn't play that role for the England U21s, does he? I thought he played the sitting/holding midfielder role.

PS. I've no idea whether all this stuff about Whitehawk midfielders is b0110cks or a wind up or whatever, but it wouldn't cost anything to give this Kissock fellow a trial, would it?

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
But he doesn't play that role for the England U21s, does he? I thought he played the sitting/holding midfielder role.

PS. I've no idea whether all this stuff about Whitehawk midfielders is b0110cks or a wind up or whatever, but it wouldn't cost anything to give this Kissock fellow a trial, would it?

Its not bollocks just look him up on Wikipedia. Much to my disappointment, he has left Whitehawk for Ebsfleet, and yes, he has already had a trial for us some years ago (under Poyet, I think) when he was playing for Oldham - as did Torres. but (like Ian Wright) they were both unsuccessful.

Anyway, I dont want to get hung up on these particular players, but they are rather to illustrate my point that judging on his performances for the Albion last season, it is baffling how JFC has been selected for the under England 21 team when there are other more skillful midfieleders around - even in far more modest teams than the Albion.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's what I thought too. JFC is a fine player to have in our squad, young, gifted, plenty of experience behind him. Doesn't seem as though he's going to be left alone on NSC though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its not bollocks just look him up on Wikipedia. Much to my disappointment, he has left Whitehawk for Ebsfleet, and yes, he has already had a trial for us some years ago (under Poyet, I think) when he was playing for Oldham - as did Torres. but (like Ian Wright) they were both unsuccessful.

You've accidentally typed 'Ebsfleet'. I presume you meant 'Inter Milan'?

And Torres' unsuccesful Albion trial, isn't REALLY akin to Ian Wright, is it? What with Wright going on to break Palace and Arsenal goalscoring records, and Torres ending up at Crawley, and um, Whitehawk?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Isn't it unbelievable that, whilst we should be celebrating the fact that one of our own is representing England at a prestigious tournament, irrespective of whether you appreciate or not his ability, people still think it productive to slate the guy.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. It's staggering. Some people seem to take it as a personal affront that he's been selected. Instead of celebrating one of our own doing so well they feel the need to denigrate him. Unbelievable. They don't even have the dignity or respect to just keep quiet they feel compelled to insult a genuine home grown talent. Morons the lot of them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. It's staggering. Some people seem to take it as a personal affront that he's been selected. Instead of celebrating one of our own doing so well they feel the need to denigrate him. Unbelievable. They don't even have the dignity or respect to just keep quiet they feel compelled to insult a genuine home grown talent. Morons the lot of them.

Agreed, its shameful

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've accidentally typed 'Ebsfleet'. I presume you meant 'Inter Milan'?

And Torres' unsuccesful Albion trial, isn't REALLY akin to Ian Wright, is it? What with Wright going on to break Palace and Arsenal goalscoring records, and Torres ending up at Crawley, and um, Whitehawk?
T'is ok Hans, you've earned today's:-

Honourary [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] award for repeatedly banging your head against a wall.

You can stand down now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here