Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Animal rights activists force Rockinghorse to cancel childrens charity event. shameful

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm aware there are shit elements in the sport, but there are shit elements in every aspect of life. Just because there are shit elements in the sport it doesn't mean it should be banned all together to appease a few wowsers who don't like it. That penalises the people who do look after their dogs and look after them damn well.

Shit elements is being rather polite to some elements involved, but get involved with any greyhound rescue and better laws and regulations would go a long way to ensuring the dogs are looked after damn well.

I would love to see the Greyhounds as just another breed that people have as pets, good to see we agree on breeders and the terrible parts of that industry as well.

If you ever come over go to the South of England 'hound' show at Hickstead, you will see hundreds and hundreds of show Greyhounds, they are breed with much deeper chests, so look slightly different.

Have you ever been around Greyhounds that have only ever been pets from puppies, they have not been institutionalised by being kennelled nearly all day and night and had their prey drives massively tweaked, in my experience they are just like most other pet dogs, all with some breed traits and all have different personalities.

Still I only responded due to your early comment on this thread that people that oppose Greyhound racing know nothing about Greyhounds, and wanted to balance that opinion. One of the reasons I rarely post on this board anymore, is due to its support of the Greyhound owing consortium, I have never said that the whole industry is evil, but I have seen enough of it and its poor treatment of a lovely breed of dog, that I would happily like to see the end off it, or at the least made to follow stricter regulations, starting with the breeding of and rehoming of all the dogs.

What did you think of the Panorama programme from last year by the way, its is raising this very question about its regulation (governing body all a bit FIFA esque at the moment).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVYI-Nkikso

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
We could round up Jill Kirby and her fellow activists. Force them to race round a park. Kill the 75% with a bolt gun that are not fast enough. Keep the rest in cages for a few weeks. Then arrange a race day to raise money for a children's charity.

Totally clueless.

Greyt Exploitations

Jun 8, 2015
I would like you all to read this article that cuts out all the sensationalism of the one published by the Argus newspaper. This was published by Third Sector - a magazine for charities and the voluntary sector.
http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/childr...al-media-campaign/fundraising/article/1349863

Please also read our response to the biased and inaccurate media coverage that has generated a series of revolting tweets and facebook messages from individuals in support of dog racing. http://greytexploitations.com/images/downloads/Statement by Greyt Exploitations.pdf
Thank you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here