Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As much as I appreciated his hold up play last season when he played, if we are looking (seriously looking) to make the playoffs or better this season then sadly, COG is not our man to help us progress. Like CMS he comes across as a really decent human being. Unlike CMS he can actually control a ball passed to him. However, he is really lacking in the goal scoring department when presented with chances. Sounds like he missed a fairly reasonable chance again today.

We need at least 2 proven goal scorers, goal scorers-not hold up men, added to the squad because the supporters will not be happy with another season of 'Brighton nil'. It's a crucial season as we all know-1901 renewals coming up, The Amex not a new toy any more. A repeat of last season will be disastrous in more ways than one.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I don't think he was as bad as some are making him out to be.

Ok he doesn't know where the goal is a big flaw for a striker, but his hold up play and trapping the ball was fairly decent. A good option coming of the bench when we are ahead and need to keep the ball.

Maybe I'm just comparing him to CMS so easily pleased

you're havin' a larf, yeah ?.....since when have we been ahead in a game ?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As much as I appreciated his hold up play last season when he played, if we are looking (seriously looking) to make the playoffs or better this season then sadly, COG is not our man to help us progress. Like CMS he comes across as a really decent human being. Unlike CMS he can actually control a ball passed to him. However, he is really lacking in the goal scoring department when presented with chances. Sounds like he missed a fairly reasonable chance again today.

We need at least 2 proven goal scorers, goal scorers-not hold up men, added to the squad because the supporters will not be happy with another season of 'Brighton nil'. It's a crucial season as we all know-1901 renewals coming up, The Amex not a new toy any more. A repeat of last season will be disastrous in more ways than one.

Can't really argue with this

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
*Allegedly* two clubs are after him, one as a transfer, the other as a season-long loan with an option to buy at the end of June.

Get him gone now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*Allegedly* two clubs are after him, one as a transfer, the other as a season-long loan with an option to buy at the end of June.

Get him gone now.

Reckon one is Barnsley, when they get their Stones sell-on fee.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Get him gone now.

There'll be no shortage of volunteers to drive him wherever it is he needs a ride to.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Get him gone now.

This. And by this, I mean take the first option, and sell him. He's still got two seasons to run on his contract and, if what's been touted on here about his salary is true, we could do with freeing up c£1.3m, and perhaps use it to get the likes of Vydra or Dyer in on loan for a season, or even put it towards buying Tex.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
This. And by this, I mean take the first option, and sell him. He's still got two seasons to run on his contract and, if what's been touted on here about his salary is true, we could do with freeing up c£1.3m, and perhaps use it to get the likes of Vydra or Dyer in on loan for a season, or even put it towards buying Tex.

Really a disastrous signing - completely sums up the Burke era for me - a journeyman lower league striker we paid completely over the odds for - should have sold him to sheff utd when we had the chance but a couple of average performances and for some reason the majority on here and CH thought he was worth keeping!!

albionite

May 20, 2009
I don't dislike him as some do as he does offer something different. Very good hold up play, but he will be judged on goals scored/ assisted.

For a team lacking in goals he is just a passenger for us at moment so it would most probably be better for all concerned that he moved on. It hasn't worked for him here.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
For the majority of the 14/15 season we looked completely bereft of commitment and passion - in a few of the cameo O'grady appearances he at least looked like he would run in to the ground for Albion (all be it without any end product!) and on that basis he proved to Hughton he was worth a punt. I don't think we can deny him that opportunity, but, now he's had that opportunity and failed to capitalise on it then now is the time to sever the ties. Hopefully he goes to a good league one club and I wish him well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really a disastrous signing - completely sums up the Burke era for me - a journeyman lower league striker we paid completely over the odds for - should have sold him to sheff utd when we had the chance but a couple of average performances and for some reason the majority on here and CH thought he was worth keeping!!

To be fair I would take COG over Best EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK

Thats not saying much mind.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Disagree. We need one more. Actually even keeping OG i think we need one more. Squad is key

One more than the one more we are already after? We have 3 hold up type attackers at the moment and 1 nippy poacher. We need another nippy poacher, that's what I meant :). Bobby and Hemed in one role, Baldock and A N Other in the other. Harper and Hambo to come along later.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One more than the one more we are already after? We have 3 hold up type attackers at the moment and 1 nippy poacher. We need another nippy poacher, that's what I meant :). Bobby and Hemed in one role, Baldock and A N Other in the other. Harper and Hambo to come along later.

I am not talking to you as you didnt invite me over for Biltong when i was down in SA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here