Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This season hasn't even started and already the predictable minority are moaning about players.

In COG's case it's a big majority. I'm in the minority then but it's a futile battle ... he just needs to do the business and Hughton needs to give him (or indeed anyone else) the opportunity (signings, shape, tactics)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm still Team COG and, for now and the immediate future, I can't be convinced otherwise. Hat-trick today. :thumbsup:

... against Lewes...

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Bar the hold up play every other aspect of COG's game is poor. A sitter missed when he fell over when he struck the ball, he always seems off balance when he plays? His touch is poor too - too many looping flicks over his head while under pressure as he cant control the ball properly to bring it down.

If we really have go to suffer him in the forward line again this year we are in trouble. On the strength of yesterday we need to find three quality strikers to add to the squad this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm still Team COG and, for now and the immediate future, I can't be convinced otherwise. Hat-trick today. :thumbsup:

Very optimistic. As it turned out a hat-trick of missed chances. Two of which were presentable.

Bar the hold up play every other aspect of COG's game is poor. A sitter missed when he fell over when he struck the ball, he always seems off balance when he plays? His touch is poor too - too many looping flicks over his head while under pressure as he cant control the ball properly to bring it down.

If we really have go to suffer him in the forward line again this year we are in trouble. On the strength of yesterday we need to find three quality strikers to add to the squad this season.

Sums him up very well against Lewes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
COG and Colunga should be ashamed of their 'performances' yesterday. Tilley made them look like very poor (not difficult).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Colunga in advanced talks with Las Palmas ???

Maybe 1 of the rumoured 4 off this week ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
COG and Colunga should be ashamed of their 'performances' yesterday. Tilley made them look like very poor (not difficult).

Turning that on it's head, if you knew you were in talks with another club, would you put the effort in to a friendly game? Maybe trying to avoid an injury?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Turning that on it's head, if you knew you were in talks with another club, would you put the effort in to a friendly game? Maybe trying to avoid an injury?

Maybe try to impress potential new club scouts?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I don't think he was as bad as some are making him out to be.

Ok he doesn't know where the goal is a big flaw for a striker, but his hold up play and trapping the ball was fairly decent. A good option coming of the bench when we are ahead and need to keep the ball.

Maybe I'm just comparing him to CMS so easily pleased

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think he was as bad as some are making him out to be.

Ok he doesn't know where the goal is a big flaw for a striker, but his hold up play and trapping the ball was fairly decent. A good option coming of the bench when we are ahead and need to keep the ball.

Maybe I'm just comparing him to CMS so easily pleased
Seriously, he is complete rubbish. No skill, no technique and no presence. In our team he is useless, a terrible signing and the sooner we ditch him the better.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I like o'grady. Hard working and defenders don't like playing against that type of forward.

He won't ever score shed load of goals but played with a good striker will be the battering ram.

Some of our best performances last year were with him up from ahead of Texiera and seriously, anyone who thinks he is rubbish really need to read up on the role of a modern centre forward.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Seriously, he is complete rubbish. No skill, no technique and no presence. In our team he is useless, a terrible signing and the sooner we ditch him the better.

We never should of singed him in first place. Just thought he was a better player than CMS and Best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here