Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would begin queueing outside the Amex NOW to ensure I got in to see Bobby's return to the Albion if we signed him.*

(* - if I didn't have a season ticket that afforded me a great view, even if I stroll up 2 minutes before kick-off)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Blimey i've never seen anything like it.

If it was any other 34 year old striker we were sniffing around who'd managed a total of 11 goals in his last 3 seasons, scored less than even our front line last season last time he graced the Champ,and we had to go back 6 years for a season when he grabbed more than 10 goals then the knives would be out.. Let alone have a dodgy fitness record to boot and some hefty wage demands.. Literally anyone else and NSC would be in meltdown at the very prospect of it. Yet. All of a sudden everyone has become all forgiving, even rational, and sympathetic all in one afternoon..

We really are a bunch of sentimental old softies after all.

What's your point? :jester: It is Bobby Zamora we are talking about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If it was any other 34 year old striker we were sniffing around who'd managed a total of 11 goals in his last 3 seasons, scored less than even our front line last season last time he graced the Champ,and we had to go back 6 years for a season when he grabbed more than 10 goals then the knives would be out.. Let alone have a dodgy fitness record to boot and some hefty wage demands.. Literally anyone else and NSC would be in meltdown at the very prospect of it. Yet. All of a sudden everyone has become all forgiving, even rational, and sympathetic all in one afternoon..

Off the bench when we need some nous, he can shoot, he can pass, he can hold the ball up and can head the ball. Which of our forwards last year could you say that about? Even if he only plays 15 or 20 games/ cameos he brings experience to a forward line that was frankly an embarrassment last season.

I get the impression you imagine he might be our ONLY forward signing, in which case that would be a bit of a disaster. But Uncle Tony is going to fix our shit forward line this close season isn't he?????? It can't be done on the cheap, we have found that out already.

King Kayal

Mar 22, 2015
I would begin queueing outside the Amex NOW to ensure I got in to see Bobby's return to the Albion if we signed him.*

(* - if I didn't have a season ticket that afforded me a great view, even if I stroll up 2 minutes before kick-off)

Can u just confirm that it is a false allegation please Bozza

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The thing is Carlton Cole did not score over 80 goals for us, if you think only 6000 will only know who is, I think you are wrong. Zamora's name was everywhere in Brighton even my none football supporting Mum knows who Bobby Zamora is. If he came back there would be a massive buzz around the place, and we know he is not the Bob of old, but he still has something to offer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can u just confirm that it is a false allegation please Bozza

I know nothing at all, I'm afraid. How I'd love to be dropping all kinds of in-the-know posts on here to hint at something.

I did say to someone at the club a few weeks back that re-signing him would give the fanbase a massive boost in morale, but I doubt they really care what I think.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This is the sort of signing the club would love to make. A 34 year old free transfer to whip up a frenzy for the fans. They know it too and would milk it.

It's certainly wouldn't excite me though or be the sort of signing to concern the rest of the Championship. He would make a good sub and player to have around though. An experienced head to see out games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know nothing at all, I'm afraid. How I'd love to be dropping all kinds of in-the-know posts on here to hint at something.

I did say to someone at the club a few weeks back that re-signing him would give the fanbase a massive boost in morale, but I doubt they really care what I think.
That boost might only last till September after a goalless August with a no win October looming.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think it's a question of whether he could still do a job or not in terms of his ability (he is a somewhat richer man's CoG), it's whether he would be capable of putting enough into a 50+ game season at his age to justify the money coming out of the wage budget. I'm not sure really.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

For a brief moment, I had it in my mind that it was your eldest typing that :lol:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
People are banging on as if 34 years old is past it, with age comes experience which surely will make BZ a better all round player to the one we had in The Withdean days.

Yes he hasn't scored shed loads of goals but in general he has been playing in poor Premiership sides against top level defenders. His strike rate will improve against average Championship defences in a good side.

Also a lot has been said about not playing two up, if we only play one up BZ can play that and has the experience to service our attacking midfield and wide players.

Just sign him!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
People are banging on as if 34 years old is past it, with age comes experience which surely will make BZ a better all round player to the one we had in The Withdean days.

Yes he hasn't scored shed loads of goals but in general he has been playing in poor Premiership sides against top level defenders. His strike rate will improve against average Championship defences in a good side.

Also a lot has been said about not playing two up, if we only play one up BZ can play that and has the experience to service our attacking midfield and wide players.

Just sign him!

I was not in favour of him coming back
but I think you have just convinced me

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

You know his wage demands then?
You are Paul Barber!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Just sign him!

3 in 17 last time he was in the Championship, two seasons ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here