Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
he isnt anymore.

does your head really tell you the he is the best we should go for ?

i think in all our hearts we want him in a brighton shirt again but its not whats best for the team or wage bill

He was last season... again, any ideas who we should go after?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
joe garner

le fondre

we all went mad when leon best was signed cos he just sat there taking a wage thats not how BZ should be remembered

Joe Garner - CMS, Baldock mark III, and why would he come now PNE are in our league?

ALF - I like, but not the same type of striker, is he?

BZ does not have the attitude problem of Best.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
Joe Garner - CMS, Baldock mark III, and why would he come now PNE are in our league?

ALF - I like, but not the same type of striker, is he?

BZ does not have the attitude problem of Best.

Alf isn't the same but i think he would work for us

the attitude of best was bad and while BZ would do his best for us will that be good enough? would the fans turn on him if after 10 starts he hasn't scored ?

as for garner yes pne are now in our league but that doesn't mean we shouldn't want to poach their players if they will improve our squad

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the attitude of best was bad and while BZ would do his best for us will that be good enough? would the fans turn on him if after 10 starts he hasn't scored ?
Make that 2 games and you'll be nearer the truth.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

as for garner yes pne are now in our league but that doesn't mean we shouldn't want to poach their players if they will improve our squad

Do we really expect him to score lots of goals? I would sign him up as a hold up man/playmaker in the Teddy Sherringham mould. Assuming of course that CH will play people around him to score the goals!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

would the fans turn on him if after 10 starts he hasn't scored ?

Unlikely. CMS didn't get stick at the Amex during his time with us. It's the attitude that counts. All we can ask is that they try their best.

If he wasn't scoring then hopefully someone else would be.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

BZ - don't see why our fans would turn on him particularly? They'll rightly turn on any striker who is lazy. Just my opinion, but whenever I've see Bobby play for QPR, I've always thought he's still got it.

Garner - my point about him is, like CMS and Baldock before him, great L1 striker, but failed at Championship level...

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Garner has done nothing of note so far when playing in the championship. He's had two (of 3) good seasons with PNE in L1. It'll be interesting to see how he does this coming season. I think he'd be another risky option for us. Our recent record of identifying prolific L1 L1 strikers and their ability to step up to the next level has not been good.
We need someone hungry for success but proven at championship level.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
BZ - don't see why our fans would turn on him particularly? They'll rightly turn on any striker who is lazy. Just my opinion, but whenever I've see Bobby play for QPR, I've always thought he's still got it.

Garner - my point about him is, like CMS and Baldock before him, great L1 striker, but failed at Championship level...

my main point about BZ is while he is a legend to us at 34 do we want to be paying £10000 pw + to a player who's best days are behind him?

wouldnt it be better to try for a player that has longevity ( no why ive spelt that right) for the same money

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He actually played 31 times. His Wikipedia page hasn't been updated in a while.

Thank you. Just emphasises my point then.

< Note to self - check stats on Soccerbase. >

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
my main point about BZ is while he is a legend to us at 34 do we want to be paying £10000 pw + to a player who's best days are behind him?

wouldnt it be better to try for a player that has longevity ( no why ive spelt that right) for the same money

Obviously, if we can find a striker who fits the bill. I suspect we'll sign someone from the continent / take a punt on Ulloa mark II.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

That's right. Getting in players like Upson, Bridge, Kuszczak were a complete waste of time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=20829]Brimmermusic[/MENTION] fits the mould of those pathetic rumour story makers we get on here during close season :

1. Been registered for a while - TICK
2. Rarely posts - TICK
3. Creates a thread without sources or photos - TICK
4. Doesn't post again on the thread - TICK
5. Stays online to watch the fallout while w@nking himself silly over how clever he's been - TICK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here