Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Rangers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's not over yet for Rangers.

3-1 down. An early goal for them in the 2nd leg will make it interesting - not that I want them to go up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's not really the point. We didn't know who was going to win the Premier League before the season had even started, we KNOW Celtic are going to win it next season.

Motherwell's 950 strong away support ROARED them to victory last night. #MonkeyTennis

I am actually from Motherwell originally and the support is small but there would have been more than 950 Motherwell fans there. Rangers may only have needed to give the club 950 tickets but Motherwell fans would have bought more from the general sale.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This reminds me. I plan on arm wrestling my youngest son tomorrow. I'll report back to let you know how it goes. And before you say anything, there are no easy arm wrestles in our household. Even against four year olds, you have to remain PROFESSIONAL.

So, how did it go? I've been on tenterhooks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He's booking the open top bus ride as we speak. Youngest son is contenting himself with a place in the UEFA Arm Wrestling Cup though.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's booking the open top bus ride as we speak. Youngest son is contenting himself with a place in the UEFA Arm Wrestling Cup though.

I've found a picture of [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] on his victory parade

bus-number-34-800.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It was Sim's toughest victory to date, he showed tremendous CHARACTER to get over the finishing line.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was Sim's toughest victory to date, he showed tremendous CHARACTER to get over the finishing line.

The 47,000 who regularly turn out to watch him triumph heroically over said four year old deserve a pat on the back for being such Great Fans too. They'll be dancing in the streets of Surrey this evening.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lee Wallace - come on down!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I absolutely destroyed him. :thumbsup:

CHAMPION clap clap clap CHAMPION clap clap clap :ascarf:

People will say it was utterly meaningless, but you can only beat what's in front of you, as I did last year. And the 28 years before that.

And now the whole family can get behind me in the all-Surrey arm-wrestling championship where I have been knocked out in the first qualifying round every single year so far.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And now the whole family can get behind me in the all-Surrey arm-wrestling championship where I have been knocked out in the first qualifying round every single year so far.

Disgrace!

Surely with your proven track record you should be given a bye and automatic entrance to the all-England World Championbobblyships

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I absolutely destroyed him. :thumbsup:

CHAMPION clap clap clap CHAMPION clap clap clap :ascarf:

People will say it was utterly meaningless, but you can only beat what's in front of you, as I did last year. And the 28 years before that.

Breaking news from UEAWA: your Mum's just been fined €20,000 for singing sectarian chants during your first round tie against Major Wilberforce H.W. Fforbes-Huntingdon of Weybridge.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I lived in Glasgow for a while in the early 90s and have never seen anything like the football rivalry that goes on there. It was when Graeme Souness signed Maurice Johnston as the first Catholic and the response had to be seen to be believed.

They deserve each other.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cheats?! How exactly did they cheat?

Are you for real?
Based on their relegation from the SPL to League 3 my guess is that the scale of illegal payments made by them was fairly gargantuan in footballing terms.
There are other clubs it could and should have happened to. One just down the coast comes to mind.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you for real?
Based on their relegation from the SPL to League 3 my guess is that the scale of illegal payments made by them was fairly gargantuan in footballing terms.
There are other clubs it could and should have happened to. One just down the coast comes to mind.

And that doesn't even take account of the fact that they qualified for the Champions League by making all these illegal payments to players, without whom they may not have qualified for the Champions League. That then potentially kept Motherwell out of the Champions League for 2 years in a row. They could therefore possibly have been cheated out of Revenue that playing in the Champions League would have brought them.

I could go on about them escaping their debts to clubs they owed money to for transfers and HMRC by Bankrupting the old company and starting a new one but it serves no purpose really to sit and list all of their wrong doing. It has been done but others more knowledgeable than me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here