Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul McShane- Could do a job?

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Watched Hull's final game of the season, he was impressive - really committed, throwing himself at everything. He might be lacking technically a bit but we could do worse on a free.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He fell out publicly with Steve Bruce over the Christmas period. Even so, I'm surprised Hull have let him go, I'm sure he'll do really well in the Championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thats a good shout for right back as younger and quicker than Bruno and Calderon. I am not sure which one I would want least McShane or Halford not much to chose between them.

McShane is a far superior player to Halford.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have yet to be convinced about either.

Last weekend McShane and the Hull defence kept Champions League-bound Man Utd to just one shot on target all game. When is the last time Halford could say that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last weekend McShane and the Hull defence kept Champions League-bound Man Utd to just one shot on target all game. When is the last time Halford could say that?

When was the last time he had the opportunity by playing against them.. Having said that Man Utd had done their work so didnt need to raise their game plus Hulls inspiration was Michael Dawson.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When was the last time he had the opportunity by playing against them.. Having said that Man Utd had done their work so didnt need to raise their game plus Hulls inspiration was Michael Dawson.

Er, the fact he hasn't had that opportunity suggests he hasn't been Prem quality for some time now.

By Steve Bruce's admission they got relegated because they didn't score enough goals - scoreless in 17 matches. I thought McShane did OK in the games I saw him play in this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not forgetting the cold cynical money aspect.

The only way Tony isn't in even greater debt, is selling players.

McShane, Zamora et al are only ever going to take money from the club.

Why land yourself with a stupidly high debt that will never generate a single penny back?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If the wages were sensible then he would be a very good signing in my opinion. Personally I think he is easily good enough to continue playing in the Prem, at least as a squad player. I think he will end up at somewhere like Leicester.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What we are forgetting now is that we are a Run Of the Mill championship club , so attracting the best will be hard to secure especially as we dont or wont pay top dollar. We now have the problem of attracting the best and this is down to CH to do . At least with Poyet we had that chance , but cannot see it under the present regime , hence signing Mcshane and Zamora etc would be good if they could pull it off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here