Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Council, same old problem.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Unfortunately the only way to tackle this issue is mass genocide.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A friend of mine had her daughter bulied by one of their kids in Preston Park.

As people have seen, I will always fight for the rights of people to live outside of mainstream society and be afforded support and protection. But with rights come responsibilities.

Some of them locally are a law unto themselves though. This has to stop.

I appreciate your views on society, but when will liberal minded folk such as yourself realise these people will literally shit on anyone and certainly don't give two hoots about you!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can't we just sound load fog horns or a high pitched frequency at them, until they eff off. Or is that against the law? :shrug:

Repeated crow scarers in the middle of the night can be quite effective, or so I am told.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I appreciate your views on society, but when will liberal minded folk such as yourself realise these people will literally shit on anyone and certainly don't give two hoots about you!

Where Brighton is concerned, I'm very much aware of the contempt that some of the travelling group hold for common values and standards.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Discussion should be, go to Horsedean or Whitehawk Caravan Park or leave the city end of.

Spot on mate.......but didn't you know, we need to be careful not to infringe their 'Human Rights' because they're a minority. That might hurt their feelings and upset them and were not allowed to do that! The Human Rights Act..........such a great piece of legislation that really has benefited this country hasn't it!!!
Simon Kirby bang on the money to slate the limp wristed council. The legal powers are there to get tough with this problem but in typical Labour tradition, they'll come up with some bollocks about a legal issue rather than deal with a group parking their caravans in a grave yard!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Regrettably 2015 looks set to be the worst year on record for unauthorised traveller encampments. The Horsdean site is due to be closed for a 9 month refurbishment therefore leaving the city without an official site to send travellers to. This has big implications for the police whose limited powers will be effectively reduced to nothing over this timeframe. Previously, they could under certain circumstances ban groups of travellers from particular sites or even the whole city for up to 3 months and over the year this generally kept the problem in check and prevented a number of travellers from returning for a while. Essentially if the travellers refused to go to the official site when offered the chance then this legislation was used quite often last year. Without Horsdean this year that option no longer exists and the travellers know this so expect Brighton & Hove to become infested with these leeches for the rest of the year. My police sources however are saying that the Police are not happy with this and are planning a more robust response to reports of travellers causing damage to enter sites as the travellers seem to think they are untouchable! It will be an interesting one to watch this year!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Regrettably 2015 looks set to be the worst year on record for unauthorised traveller encampments. The Horsdean site is due to be closed for a 9 month refurbishment therefore leaving the city without an official site to send travellers to. This has big implications for the police whose limited powers will be effectively reduced to nothing over this timeframe. Previously, they could under certain circumstances ban groups of travellers from particular sites or even the whole city for up to 3 months and over the year this generally kept the problem in check and prevented a number of travellers from returning for a while. Essentially if the travellers refused to go to the official site when offered the chance then this legislation was used quite often last year. Without Horsdean this year that option no longer exists and the travellers know this so expect Brighton & Hove to become infested with these leeches for the rest of the year. My police sources however are saying that the Police are not happy with this and are planning a more robust response to reports of travellers causing damage to enter sites as the travellers seem to think they are untouchable! It will be an interesting one to watch this year!

Im not certain that the type of traveler we are talking about would ever go to Horsdean!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn't pigeon hole to just the Brighton area, these peoples lives are built on doing what they want when they want, you could build a 2,000 pitch campsite complete with hard standing and free electric hook up, shower and wash facilities to rival Virgin Leisure and perhaps throw in free broadband and they would still pitch up the other-side of town in the middle of a cricket pitch. They don't like being told what to do.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Why can't we be like USA. They do not mess around and any vehicle involved in a crime is impounded and a release fee is required. Moving on to open land is an offence and therefore the vehicles could be impounded. If this was done on a regular basis they would not return.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
It can sort of be done now as the majority of their vehicles don't seem to be taxed, I have pointed this out to the police of a couple of occasions but they blame the DVLA. In my opinion the police are woeful in this whole sorry affair, Sussex police proudly boast on their website that they have 60 Traveller liaison officers while on the other hand bleat on about not enough resources . They also proudly boasted last year about contributing a few hundred quid to some play staged by travellers. However god help you if you are of fixed abode and stray over the speed limit, park where you shouldn't or any such misdemeanor because YOU are a soft target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here