Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA Officials Arrested

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nice and regular use of the C word. One of my favourite replies from the top few: "DONT PATRONIZE US U C***"

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
UEFA have come out very strongly against FIFA today

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ue...s-corruption-deeply-rooted-at-fifa-2015-05-27

My gut feel is that Platini needs to be seen to be as separate from FIFA and with the Dutch, Germans and English all pushing for breaking ties with FIFA if Blatter is re-elected, the best bet for football is for Blatter to get re-elected and for several reasons:

1. It allows EUFA to legitimately pull away from FIFA and that cursed Qatari World Cup under the auspice of no confidence in the current regime. They could then extend associate membership of the Euro Finals to Australia and the US and with Europe out of the World Cup then those perennial money whores, Brazil will look to join too. And with Brazil out then Argentina will want some of that action too leaving FIFA with a very debased and depleted World Cup devoid of the big name countries and probably the sponsors. Even with Brazil and Argentina still in it, the World Cup will mean nothing without the Europeans.

2. The second reason I want Blatter re-elected is that he is a dead man walking and any Blatter supporting delegate with him at the helm is tainted by association. All those African, Central American and Asian countries he bought off will have as good as admitted their collusion and a new regime can demand new delegates and officials and with the help of the FBI insist on some sort of probity. It's the perfect opportunity for a coup d'etat of the entire organisation. I fully expect the new FIFA whenever it comes to be far more Europe and South America-centric.

Very good points. I've long held the belief that the reason Blatter did an about turn and decided to run for a 5th term is because he knew that today's events would have occurred if he wasn't around to control things (albeit he probably thought it would be from the Swiss angle and not the FBI) and that he'd probably have croaked before anything came out and implicated him. All the more sweeter then that it's happened 2 days before the 'vote' to re-elect him.

Even if the 'vote' does go ahead on Friday and he is re-elected, it's meaningless as his organisation cannot survive in it's current guise.

Hope the bent ******* is shitting himself tonight!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd like to think that no voter will want to be linked with him...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It seems Nike are implicated in this somehow too - allegedly paying bribes to gain the kit deal for a successful south American national team that play in yellow (according to various twitter sources).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hope the bent ******* is shitting himself tonight!

from the telegraph news ticker.

"MORE BREAKING NEWS - Sky are claiming that police have told ALL Swiss nationals working for Fifa - and that'll include Sepp Blatter - that they are forbidden to leave the country"

133249905_640.jpg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sepp must be pulled in for questioning- at the least?!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It would never happen because of the money but wouldn't it restore your faith in football if we had the nerve to do this, if we could team up with another country, say Germany for example im sure we could get rid of Fifa once and for all.

Personally I think the FA should keep their heads down a bit. If what should happen does, ie Qatar and Russia lose their world cups, they will need other countries to step in and we must be one of the few that have the infrastructure to step in at the last minute.

A regards Germany, aren't there a few suspicions about Karl Heinz Rummenigge accepting expensive gifts and free trips to Qatar?

CONCACAF is their 'foot in the door' as their remit is only US based. The FBI's rationale here is that the corruption was organised and carried out on US soil. Now they're 'in' I'm sure they'll keep going.

Think it's been mentioned but they believe they have jurisdiction as many of the deals were done on US soil and that a lot of the transactions used US banks.

Let's not forget, Platini voted for Qatar in 2022. Following this, his son received a plum job for a Qatari energy firm and they pumped shed loads of cash into PSG.

He is as bent as the rest of them.

That's the problem, some of the comments are suggesting it is institutional corruption so that suggests to me that most of those those that have gained status have done so with dubious means.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having kept my joy unpublished all day I now can't help myself.........

Fracking brilliant DAY! I have never enjoyed the news so much in ages.

Long live football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More chance of a Plane FLEEING Zurich carrying a certain Herr Blatter to parts unknown

Isn't he banned from leaving the country? I wouldn't have thought Blatter would go anywhere at the moment, certainly not to any country with an extradition treaty with the US, if he stays in Switzerland, he can't be extradited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here