Woman steals Beckford Play Off shirt from child

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In an ideal world, with all the pulling and tugging going on, the shirt would have split into 3-4 pieces and they would have all stood there, with their individual bits, looking like lemons.

Indeed. The judgement of Solomon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wether it is classed as theft or not,morally it is wrong...too many people take advantage of others not so able for their own profit...I speak as on Thursday my handicapped daughter was followed from the cash point,her purse taken with her weeks money for food and rent...a total of £120...if the thieving tow-rag could see the devastation on my daughters face...I don't suppose they would care as they know somebody else will have to pay for their crime.
She went to the police who told her it hadn't been handed in but if it was they would contact her.

Beyond scum.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If she sells it for £1500 or gets £10k from a paper for her story, is that money really worth the abuse she's going to get, and the fact that everyone that knows her now knows what she's like?

Personally I'd rather be poor and respected.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Preston have offered the lad the other shirt that Beckford wore, as the players changed their shirts at half time, so it will still be match worn.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
So she definitely stole it then? And it was definitely her selling that shirt? Let's hope she can't afford a good lawyer.

This kind of public shaming is dangerous and NSC should know better.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
So she definitely stole it then? And it was definitely her selling that shirt? Let's hope she can't afford a good lawyer.

This kind of public shaming is dangerous and NSC should know better.

Well from what I saw, she was not one of the first hands on the shirt, in fact she was standing back for a good few seconds watching the young kids it was aimed at wrestling with it, before using her adult strength to go in for the kill. Think we can all come up with our own conclusions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well from what I saw, she was not one of the first hands on the shirt, in fact she was standing back for a good few seconds watching the young kids it was aimed at wrestling with it, before using her adult strength to go in for the kill. Think we can all come up with our own conclusions.

...along with her chavvy other half......?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't say they don't sell for more money. All I said was that anyone who pays more than face value for them is nuts

So a match worn shirt from a notable event in a clubs history isn't unique and worth the same as a shirt you can go into the club shop and purchase. I assume you say the same about first edition of historic books or the Mona Lisa.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
So a match worn shirt from a notable event in a clubs history isn't unique and worth the same as a shirt you can go into the club shop and purchase. I assume you say the same about first edition of historic books or the Mona Lisa.

While not disagreeing that the match worn shirt would obviously have more value, I can see how a shirt worn for a match between two third tier teams, Wembley or not, isn't something to get too excited about, which I suspect the original poster was trying to say....possibly...

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I had a signed and framed Oscar shirt which I won in a competition. It sold for £150 two years ago. I think it shows her level of education that she values an ex-windscreen fitters shirt and part time footballer at £1500... Good luck with that one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here