Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool meltdown

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sorry just looked at google it was 7 out of 8 years. Hamburg in 83. 85 was the Heysal disaster which Liverpool was involved in.
76-77 Liverpool
77-78 Liverpool
78-79 Forest
79-80 Forest
80-81 Liverpool
81-82 Aston Villa
82-83 Hamburg
83-84 Liverpool
84-85 Juventus. Liverpool in the final with the Heysal disaster.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just to add after Heysel, English clubs were banned from Europe for a number of years and took some time to catch up when they were allowed back in.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Liverpool fans showing their appreciation for the talented youngster Raheem Sterling :)

This guy... image.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yea, I mean it's not like he had bitten someone before Liverpool signed him. Oh wait.
Yes he had. And (as previously stated) LFC and Rodgers in particular had worked really hard to rehabilitate and reform him - counselling and support. Just as any good club would. And than the shite went and threw it all back in their faces, and it was clear that after that his face would never be acceptable in a Liverpool shirt again.

But as I said, don't let facts get in the way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes he had. And (as previously stated) LFC and Rodgers in particular had worked really hard to rehabilitate and reform him - counselling and support. Just as any good club would. And than the shite went and threw it all back in their faces, and it was clear that after that his face would never be acceptable in a Liverpool shirt again.

But as I said, don't let facts get in the way.

I'm still not buying it. There are no "facts" to get in the way. Liverpool did not decide to sell Suarez because he bit someone again in the World Cup - he was STILL hero-worshipped by most of the bindippers because he was a total goal machine - he practically fired them into the Champions League single-handedly. Are you seriously suggesting they'd dispose of him because his face "wouldn't be acceptable in a Liverpool shirt" any more ? Its nonsense.

Suarez was the driving force behind that move. He'd had enough of what he saw as his "persecution" in the english press, and Barcelona offered him a hugely lucrative way out. The notion that Liverpool let him go over some kind of morality issue is utterly laughable. Barca started waving £75m around, and Suarez was more than open to the move - THATS why he went. The bite was neither here nor there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here