Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool meltdown

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
8 points from their final 9 matches, they finish below Spurs in 6th.

Gerrard gone, Sterling and Glen Johnson going, Suarez a distant memory.

Will we see Liverpool back in the Top 4 again in the next 20 years? I can only see Spurs and the Top 4 getting stronger.

But more than that, a poor Cup semi vs. Villa and capitulation against Palace and now Stoke in Gerrard's final month indicates a lack of fight and bottle. Where to now?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think it's extremely funny:clap:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Play with a striker? Boring tactics they play now, I feel no sympathy.

Last season they were the best team; this season they've been pitiful.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]602541287477223425[/tweet]

The last time they did well they sold their best player and struggled, same has happened with Suarez.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Surely you mean second best ???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Agreed.
If you think our recruitment was poor last year theirs was awful.

To go into a game with one striker on the bench and a midfielder playing upfront shows what a weak squad they have.

Major surgery required and whover was involved in recruiting their players last summer should be fired.

Can't defend and can't score! They are a mid table side at best.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking as I saw this result come in that at least it wasn't just us who got battered by Stoke in meaningless final games.

There was that 5-1 defeat at Withdean in the last game of one season (Loft scored I think...Adam Rooney hat-trick possibly?), and also a 4-1 spanking by an already relegated Stoke side at the Goldstone one year. I seem to recall they brought loads of fans down, all on the piss and in beachwear.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I had to explain to a couple of french blokes that Liverpool hadn't won the title for over 20 years

and that man City is an actual team,not Man Utd res

and that Arsenal haven't won the league for the last 5 seasons either just because they have a French manager

funny hearing a different perspective of the PL from abroad

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Liverpool fans showing their appreciation for the talented youngster Raheem Sterling :)

Attachments

• lf.jpg
    lf.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 645

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is my point. Liverpool fans are shitting themselves. Losing Suarez and now Sterling takes you out of Champions League contention, and if he joins a Manchester club it's a double whammy. Losing Gerrard at this time hasn't helped Sterling's cause. They need to recruit better with the transfer fee they'll receive but, like Spurs, it's not easy to attract top players when you have no prospect of Champions League football.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The black guy appludes, the rest snarl and make obscene gestures. No wonder Sterling wants away from that place

I think I'd be disappointed if an Albion player did the same as Stirling and his agent. How would you feel if one of our player's representatives said he didn't give a shit about Brighton?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I'd be disappointed if an Albion player did the same as Stirling and his agent. How would you feel if one of our player's representatives said he didn't give a shit about Brighton?
Plenty probably do, but Brighton isn't the greatest club in the world, with the world's greatest fans.
So we don't get to hear about it.

Anyway what's the difference between Sterling and Bridcutt?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
8 points from their final 9 matches, they finish below Spurs in 6th.

Gerrard gone, Sterling and Glen Johnson going, Suarez a distant memory.

Will we see Liverpool back in the Top 4 again in the next 20 years? I can only see Spurs and the Top 4 getting stronger.

But more than that, a poor Cup semi vs. Villa and capitulation against Palace and now Stoke in Gerrard's final month indicates a lack of fight and bottle. Where to now?

As all Brighton fans know, a season is a long time in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here