Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool meltdown

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think I'd be disappointed if an Albion player did the same as Stirling and his agent. How would you feel if one of our player's representatives said he didn't give a shit about Brighton?

Yes, i'd be disappointed too. But some reps are lose cannons so i'd take his comments with a pinch of salt. And i wouldnt gie sterling two fingers etc. but then i dont support the self proclaimed greatest club on earth.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Palace fans have been gloating that they did the double over them. Meh, it was no big deal. They stopped being a truly 'big' club a long time ago; they're in the second strata now..

el punal

I think I'd be disappointed if an Albion player did the same as Stirling and his agent. How would you feel if one of our player's representatives said he didn't give a shit about Brighton?

Absolutely! For a player that has achieved sweet F.A. in terms of medals or trophies "a behind closed doors" strategy on negotiations would have been more fitting. As a matter of interest have we had an Albion player who has acted in such a mercenary fashion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely! For a player that has achieved sweet F.A. in terms of medals or trophies "a behind closed doors" strategy on negotiations would have been more fitting. As a matter of interest have we had an Albion player who has acted in such a mercenary fashion?
Posts #17 & #25, for starters, I'm sure there have been plenty more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True, making Herr T's assertion all the more odd.

Stirling and his agent have still acted twattish, just because he hasn't downed-tools doesn't make it okay.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Palace fans have been gloating that they did the double over them. Meh, it was no big deal. They stopped being a truly 'big' club a long time ago; they're in the second strata now..

This is very true.

Being a top ten Premier League club like Palace are - should really be taking this in our stride.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stirling and his agent have still acted twattish, just because he hasn't downed-tools doesn't make it okay.
But I was responding to:-

Which seems an odd question as it happened twice 18 months ago.

How did you feel when 2 of our players said they didn't give a shit about Brighton?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
8 points from their final 9 matches, they finish below Spurs in 6th.

Gerrard gone, Sterling and Glen Johnson going, Suarez a distant memory.

Will we see Liverpool back in the Top 4 again in the next 20 years? I can only see Spurs and the Top 4 getting stronger.

But more than that, a poor Cup semi vs. Villa and capitulation against Palace and now Stoke in Gerrard's final month indicates a lack of fight and bottle. Where to now?

They need a major clear out of all the dross they bought with the Suarez money and start again. Any team with no decent striker will struggle. They started yesterday with no striker in the team and Lambert on the bench FFS!

If Rodgers was responsible for signing those players then perhaps he should go too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disappointed.
But not disappointed enough to remember it 18 months later, when asking a general question intimating that fact of football life had never happened to Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But not disappointed enough to remember it 18 months later, when asking a general question intimating that fact of football life had never happened to Brighton.

Apologies, but I'm lost as to what your point is; maybe I need another coffee. Yes, I was disappointed with, say, Bridcutt and Buckley's behaviour. I'd also be disappointed with Stirling's behaviour if I was a Liverpool supporter. This is all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So far when Liverpool have lost a top player like Xabi Alonso, Reina or Suarez, or even going back to Rush, Owen and McManaman, they've normally gone to a big Spanish or Italian clubs. Yet, like Everton and Spurs, they now have to face up to losing players to the Prem Top 4. They're not used to it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rodgers really is not a good manager.

Got lucky with Suarez last year, and he had no idea how to replace him.

Bottled the title last year
You think Rodgers wanted to sell Suarez? Geez! Of course he didn't, but after the biting incident LFC had to let him go; it was an ethical decision (rare in football, I know) but they couldn't condone his behaviour by allowing him to continue in a Liverpool shirt. Of course, they had to get the best possible fee for him - that was just damage limitation.

And as for having no idea about how to replace him, if you've got any bright ideas about how to replace Suarez, I'm sure the world of football is waiting with baited breath ........

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
You think Rodgers wanted to sell Suarez? Geez! Of course he didn't, but after the biting incident LFC had to let him go; it was an ethical decision (rare in football, I know) but they couldn't condone his behaviour by allowing him to continue in a Liverpool shirt. Of course, they had to get the best possible fee for him - that was just damage limitation.

And as for having no idea about how to replace him, if you've got any bright ideas about how to replace Suarez, I'm sure the world of football is waiting with baited breath ........

He was, of course, impossible to replace like for like, in that sense Liverpool's problem is no more or less than practically any other club, however it might be easier to sympathise (not that I would) if the Liverpool manager wasn't so smug - like he was after another club tried to replace their own impossible-to-replace player:

https://youtu.be/_0areKhUbX0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here