Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision and why the UK does not win ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Farage ( wanker) must be lapping it up. Too few ENGLISH overseas to influence the FOREIGN votes :cry: :lolol:

:rock:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
does anyone know why they insist on the French speaking still, when the largest language in the Eurovision zone is Russian?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep that's only because there is so many people in China. For the rest of the world English is the most important language.

I think Spanish is the most common native language after Mandarin. But I guess English is the most widely spoken if you include second tongues.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The UK were favourites to finish LAST but at the same time they were the bookmakers biggest liability to win.
The market is AWASH with mug money.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The UK needs give up the Big Five privilege and compete in the Semi Final. Since 1980 the Big Five have only won Eurovision 5 times (Germany x 2, UK x 2, Italy x 1). Get a good song, a well known band, get some buzz about the song going and get people voting for the song in the semi finals.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just enter a bloody good up an coming band with a thumping good tune. Also, aren't we one of the few counties that decide our entry to the Eurovision that is not by public vote? Why the F****** F*** did Englebert Humpadick ever get to represent us recently? We are simply out of favour and out of touch. We are the Kemy Agustein of Eurovision

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It comes down to fear and jealousy. Like Germany, France and Spain we're big enough to be hated without being so big we'd pick up votes for fear of invasion.

The most offensive thing Sweden's ever done to me is forget to put an Allan key into a box of flat pack furniture, and their women are fit. What's not to like?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It comes down to fear and jealousy. Like Germany, France and Spain we're big enough to be hated without being so big we'd pick up votes for fear of invasion.

The most offensive thing Sweden's ever done to me is forget to put an Allan key into a box of flat pack furniture, and their women are fit. What's not to like?
That blond bird from Abba was very fit

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
oh come off it we rule pop music. It's like having a kick about with kids, we are letting them nut Meg us and everything and going oh wow well played. If we wheeled out a big gun every year we could walk it, but we let them have their day in the sun.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It would be funny just for one year to talk Steve Harris into entering Iron Maiden's latest record, just to watch all these Eastern European countries who never give us a sniff chiming in with deux points after deux points from their metal fans. It would be a nice way of saying to the rest of Eurovision: 'This is what happens if we try even slightly. Next year, we can call Adele or Elton John or would you prefer us to go back to laughing at it?'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When we leave Europe after the referendum it won't matter anymore

I know you're on a wind up but just in case someone actually believes your ridiculous statement, they are two entirely different organisations - we leave the EU and we'll still be able to send our utter toilet acts to this competition to get almost last place.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Maybe so, but when I listen to a song I don't care to much about the lyrics, rather how it sounds, the French song that won many years ago being an example. Not sure what it was called 'jean jour yamour rat a tat a tat' sounded great, didn't have a clue what it was about.
Did you mean 'Chanson D'amour' by the American pop group The Manhatten Transfer? Catchy tune but never entered into Eurovision.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Perspective :shrug:

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

:thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If we started choosing songs which weren't steaming piles of shite we might have a chance of doing a little better. It's not all a conspiracy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Frankly the UK entry was shit.

However too many Eastern Blocs voting for their mates.

Im glad that the other European countries stick to voting for a good song.

Back in the day it was a running joke about Greece/Cyprus and awarding each other 10/12 points. Now with all these pointless Baltic entries is beyond a joke.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Twitter last night showed how he wasn't appreciated by some of his European colleagues who cannot understand why the UK doesn't seem to take it seriously.

How can anyone take it seriously?

Engelbert Humperdink represented us FFS!!!!! Maybe 50 years ago he might have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here