Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sussex Resident on Talksport

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
support your home town/city football team all others should be just passing interest.......................its the law

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
support your home town/city football team all others should be just passing interest.......................its the law
How far down do you draw the line though? Should people from Lewes or Worthing support their local teams and not the Albion? To say nothing of the inhabitants of Crawley and it's surrounding villages. If you come from around Haywards Heath you'd better get that ruler out, you might find that you should be supporting plucky little Crawley as opposed to 'Big' Brighton.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How far down do you draw the line though? Should people from Lewes or Worthing support their local teams and not the Albion? To say nothing of the inhabitants of Crawley and it's surrounding villages. If you come from around Haywards Heath you'd better get that ruler out, you might find that you should be supporting plucky little Crawley as opposed to 'Big' Brighton.

its means what it says
I have lived in Shrewsbury, London, chelmsford, and watched all of them (London QPR and Fulham) and if by chance the Albion played any of them(mainly Shrewsbury) I stood in the Brighton end
Home town/city IMHO supporting and watching are two different animals

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, Tommy Elphick, born & brought up in Woodingdean, shouldn't support Liverpool, or Adam El-Abd, from Saltdean, shouldn't be a Forest supporter?

It happens.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Always a massive LFC flag in the Waterside on Shoreham Beach when the dippers are on the box. Like an away day for them I suppose.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, Tommy Elphick, born & brought up in Woodingdean, shouldn't support Liverpool, or Adam El-Abd, from Saltdean, shouldn't be a Forest supporter?

It happens.

No, they shouldn't unless there are family reasons, ties or history for doing so. My kids had their early years in North Somerset but they were never going to be supporters of one of the Bristol teams and were also never going to be a Premier League team glory-hunter.

As it turns out we're all back in Sussex now, so watching the Albion is easier, fortunately.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I know the type, never been to Anfield but first in front of the TV in the ' Farmers Arms' when Liverpool are on SKY.
Wearing his replica shirt with Gerard 8 on the back of course.

Absolutely 100% this. You know they are plastics when they wear a replica shirt with a misspelt name on it :whistle:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
its means what it says
I have lived in Shrewsbury, London, chelmsford, and watched all of them (London QPR and Fulham) and if by chance the Albion played any of them(mainly Shrewsbury) I stood in the Brighton end
Home town/city IMHO supporting and watching are two different animals
That hasn't answered my question.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I was explaining to my boy this evening that the football team you support is decided, at birth, by the use of a map (and a ruler should there be any doubt); you cannot simply "choose" which team to support because they win a lot or have nice colours.

Frank Skinner said this in a stand up. You are born, you get a map out, find the nearest team and that is you set for life no matter what.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That hasn't answered my question.

think it has you support your local team and if you want something else other than Lewes ect you can always be a st holder at the Albion
and if the fixtures clash default to your local team

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Frank Skinner said this in a stand up. You are born, you get a map out, find the nearest team and that is you set for life no matter what.

exactly even if it is Palace

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The usual explanation for the typical southern suburb div who supports United/Liverpool/Arsenal etc is 'I've supported em since I was 3 mate!'

The best response for this is 'yeah - well I played with Thomas The Tank Engine toys when I was 3, then I grew up and knocked it on the head...'

Rarely get a logical argument to that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
think it has you support your local team and if you want something else other than Lewes ect you can always be a st holder at the Albion
and if the fixtures clash default to your local team
So if I lived in, say, Handcross and normally supported Brighton, if they played Crawley I should support Crawley as they're my local team?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
exactly even if it is Palace

Exactly. If I was born and bred in Croydon then I would be a Palace fan. I do actually have a fair bit of respect for Palace fans because it would be so easy to support Chelsea or Arsenal via a short train journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here