Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Warwickshire at Hove, May 24-27

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Warwickshire piling on a massive lead by just scoring the odd run.

They have decided to rest Westwood for the second innings and put a tail ender in to give us a chance of getting a wicket.

61 for 2 - nearly out of reach

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So £3.33 a pint. Not bad. They have lots of beers not available because they haven't tapped them yet. Free entry from 4pm tomorrow and Tuesday to catch some cricket as well.

Absolute joke, off for bad light, when we had to play in complete murk last night

The mystery is, of course, how could they tell it was bad light, since the floodlights were lit, yet - apparently - the extra illumination provided by the floodlights isn't allowed to count, because the rules say - equally apparently - that what does count is the amount of light that there would have been if the floodlights hadn't been lit. But this only applies to County Championship matches. And, anyway, how do they actually measure the amount of natural light there would have been, if the floodlights hadn't been switched on?

Or am I missing something and the whole charade was simply a cunning plan to ensure that the Beer Festival survived into a third day?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Or am I missing something and the whole charade was simply a cunning plan to ensure that the Beer Festival survived into a third day?

Zac showing some Blackadder influence

We would need two/three very streaky innings to win this, both attack and defence has offered much to the batsman as the wicket will get you out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
First wicket down this morning at Hove.

c. Finch b. Jordan

We desperately need to pick up these last couple of wickets for next to no runs.

Serious views on what 4th Innings target would have made this 50/50...? I reckon about 170...?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anything over 225 doomed , hoping for a quick mop up then pop along after work to witness a darn good rogering

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Warwickshire are clear favourites but Sussex have a chance with a "have a bash before you get the one with your name on" style...

Massive innings in context of season.

Come on Sussex!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Warwickshire are clear favourites but Sussex have a chance with a "have a bash before you get the one with your name on" style...

Massive innings in context of season.

Come on Sussex!

Yep - a win and things look fine - a third defeat on the trot and things look a lot more gloomy.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
William Hill currently have Warwickshire available at odds of 11/10...!!

(Usual note of caution about "palpable error" as presumably they mean 1/10...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here