Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Warwickshire at Hove, May 24-27

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sussex require another 152 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Even if we get bonus points they will be lost in the subsequent points deductions

Lunch

On the radio they're saying we're unlikely to get a deduction for the pitch, but we probably will for the over rate, but ONLY if we win.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My point was that the bookies had this priced up wrong at the start of the Sussex innings and compounded their error after Sussex's moderately good start. Presumably the fall of the third wicket will now see Warwickshire marginal odds on and they'll probably still be the value.

Bet365 has Warks - 4/5, Sussex 10/11.

Considering how low scoring the game has been that is still massive value on a Warks win, they should be 1/2 - 2/5.

Usual goatmouth aside, this pitch isn't going to get any easier to bat on, and if we get within 40 of that score from here I'll be stunned.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Considering how low scoring the game has been that is still massive value on a Warks win, they should be 1/2 - 2/5.

Usual goatmouth aside, this pitch isn't going to get any easier to bat on, and if we get within 40 of that score from here I'll be stunned.

Agreed. On this pitch you could easily see us skittled out for around 100-120 if the bowlers get on a roll.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is TOP stuff from Sussex

48/5

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
50 for the first wicket - what planet are you on?!? We'd be lucky to get 50 for the first 5 wickets.

The inevitability of it all is what I find most depressing :(

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I used to bet too much, and haven't had a bet of any sort for 10 years, so this is dangerous territory for me but I couldn't help being intrigued...

It really seems like that circumstance beloved of the serious gambler where the bookies have inadequate information and get the odds significantly wrong. I wonder how often that happens in county cricket? Presumably the person making the live odds is actually at the game? Where would he/she sit at the County Ground? (could you spot them in the crowd?)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Luke Wright 0 off 9 then 7 off 22. Play your natural game son!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The inevitability of it all is what I find most depressing :(

Indeed, I'm so fed up with the constant shattered dreams I'm tempted to get a tattoo of the Yorkshire badge on my arm, after all, it worked for KP and England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ben Brown strike rate 118
Cachopa strike rate 18

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex now 8/13 favs for all you doomsayers... :)

Its in the bag...!!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well batted Browny... :clap:

And now a CJ maximum.

You don't often meet a poor bookie.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Wells and Brown the 2 top scorers in the game - Wells top by a mile - and were still loose. Woeful effort from the other 9 bat-flids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here