Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching brief can we trust Bloom and the board

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
which is exactly the point I would make, you have to speculate and he allowed someone else to to do this for him and we ended up with some right duffers.
Ok he has got rid of the main protaganists who quite honestly could not pick their noses and while signing duffers could not hold on to the players that may have seen us execute our five year plan, these players mainly left due to being offered better wages, the example would be Barnes who left because we would not offer him a better deal, then went out and spent 1.5m on Baldock.
if anyone can explain that to me please.
I am no economic expert but that was just spending money for spending sake
can anyone actually tell me if the five year plan is still viable, as FFP seems to have hit the rails and most clubs are now taking the p1ss and ignoring it.
my hope is that all this silence means there are new players in the pipeline as we have a lot of catching up to do in a very short time to make it within five years, all this bollox about its OK to be in the championship, do we not have any ambition even if we make it and struggle to survive it, we would be there and thats surely what ambition is all about

Sam Baldock scored for fun last season which is why we signed him........and then stuck him in midfield.

Calum Wilson scored a few less goals for Coventry last season, went to Bournemouth for a little more than we paid for Baldock, and has been superb, helping them to promotion.

The decision making in relation to recruitment has been poor over the last twelve months.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The board is full of freemasons, I've seen Barber give Bloom the 3rd degree handshake.

Bloom's poker nickname is 'Lizard Blood'; the illuminati are shape shifting Lizards.

The secrecy of the board is like the secrecy of the Bilderberg meetings, which all the powerful meet to discuss ways to enslave us all.

Bloom's wealth is untraceable, alas, he has either backed by the Queen (who is also a lizard) and/or his wealth is not in this world but stored on an orbiting space station disguised as the Moon.

Barber came from the North Americas, we all know what they're like, more so. Vancouver 'Whitecaps' which is clearly in reference to the KKK's headwear rather than the snowy mountain tops of the Rockies.

Perry...well what kinda of name is that?

Dick Knight was forced out because he forgot the mason's secret handshake and alas is using his share sale via his book to take on the establishment from the inside.

If you cannot see this, you are ignorant and dumb.

:clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well he obviously got that one right. Player of the season for Celtic?

Lots of love. Mr Perfect. x

The player we signed instead of Van Dijk, Matthew Upson, was our player of the season last year. The player who replaced Upson, Lewis Dunk, was our player of the season this year. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The board is full of freemasons, I've seen Barber give Bloom the 3rd degree handshake.

Bloom's poker nickname is 'Lizard Blood'; the illuminati are shape shifting Lizards.

The secrecy of the board is like the secrecy of the Bilderberg meetings, which all the powerful meet to discuss ways to enslave us all.

Bloom's wealth is untraceable, alas, he has either backed by the Queen (who is also a lizard) and/or his wealth is not in this world but stored on an orbiting space station disguised as the Moon.

Barber came from the North Americas, we all know what they're like, more so. Vancouver 'Whitecaps' which is clearly in reference to the KKK's headwear rather than the snowy mountain tops of the Rockies.

Perry...well what kinda of name is that?

Dick Knight was forced out because he forgot the mason's secret handshake and alas is using his share sale via his book to take on the establishment from the inside.

If you cannot see this, you are ignorant and dumb.

I've recently heard some dark stories about the 1901club. Apparently they have children on the food menu.

Someone called Kerry Mayo is on a one man mission to uncover what's really going on there.

Wake up you fools. The lion is awake.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't know how any supporter can question Tony's commitment to our club. The investment he has made is enormous. He is a genuine fan following on from his family having a long, long association with our club as board members (Harry, Ray). He is also an expert on football via his gambling business. He made massive mistakes hiring that numpty Fin, and not giving him and Burke their respective P45's far earlier (yes, I know SH 'resigned'). Anyway, these two buffoons are now history.

I am sure he is aware that the only way he can get any kind of return on his investment (if, indeed, he wants that) is if the club reach the promised land and, even then...

I am sure he knows you need to speculate to accumulate (player acquisition). Personally, I think the purse strings were a little too tight last close season (we raked in about £15m in sale proceeds and spent about a fifth of that). However, I am confident we will loosen those strings this time round, i.e. Tony will learn from his mistakes. Anyway, our sh1t squad last season was more to do with Burke than budget IMHO.

So, in summary, show some ****ing gratitude OP...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I really don't know how any supporter can question Tony's commitment to our club. The investment he has made is enormous. He is a genuine fan following on from his family having a long, long association with our club as board members (Harry, Ray). He is also an expert on football via his gambling business. He made massive mistakes hiring that numpty Fin, and not giving him and Burke their respective P45's far earlier (yes, I know SH 'resigned'). Anyway, these two buffoons are now history.

I am sure he is aware that the only way he can get any kind of return on his investment (if, indeed, he wants that) is if the club reach the promised land and, even then...

I am sure he knows you need to speculate to accumulate (player acquisition). Personally, I think the purse strings were a little too tight last close season (we raked in about £15m in sale proceeds and spent about a fifth of that). However, I am confident we will loosen those strings this time round, i.e. Tony will learn from his mistakes. Anyway, our sh1t squad last season was more to do with Burke than budget IMHO.

Agree with that. It's laughable how people carry on about his commitment.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

you have answered your first question with what is written in red

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The player we signed instead of Van Dijk, Matthew Upson, was our player of the season last year. The player who replaced Upson, Lewis Dunk, was our player of the season this year. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Celtic will double or treble to initial outlay .................which is what we could have done with a little forthought and ambition

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Celtic will double or treble to initial outlay .................which is what we could have done with a little forthought and ambition

But you are applying hindsight here.

Not every player that is signed for a few million goes on to be successful, and that applies to all clubs, not just the Albion. It's easy to slaughter Bloom by just focussing on the ones the club got wrong, and ignoring the ones they got right, and ultimately it is his money that is being spent.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Trust them to do what precisely?

1. Tony Bloom has been a supporter since he was a kid, his whole family are Albion nuts. 2. There is no evidence to suggest he is going to turn a quick profit and only a complete BALLOON would think he could make any type of profit. He's put in about £210 million, the club is realistically worth a tenth of that.

1. What has this got to do with successfully running a football club
2.Relating to no 2 He may just recoup his cash leave us in the shtook, thinking to himself " yup I am actually now out of my depth with this whole thing, best to grab what I can and **** off "

By the way how do you, and for that matter anyone else on here know what the clubs exact finances are and his private financial affairs ? AnsweR : You don't.
You don't honestly think that the clubs annual statements are for real either do you ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
After the last four seasons and the way he has gone about things at the club NO I don't !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Finn and The Berk are history. We can give Tony the benefit of the doubt about last year, but let's see some evidence soon that things are being put right.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1. What has this got to do with successfully running a football club
2.Relating to no 2 He may just recoup his cash leave us in the shtook, thinking to himself " yup I am actually now out of my depth with this whole thing, best to grab what I can and **** off "

By the way how do you, and for that matter anyone else on here know what the clubs exact finances are and his private financial affairs ? AnsweR : You don't.
You don't honestly think that the clubs annual statements are for real either do you ?

1: Nothing, but it suggests his motives are emotional rather than financial. Hisrecord to date has been successful, we were at the arse end of League 1 when he took over.

2: There is no way he will recoup his cash. Aston Villa have just been sold for £150 million, they are an established Premier League club, Palace are currently for sale at about £90 million, they are about to have their third season in the PL.

We will perhaps break even this financial year due to the sales of Ulloa and Buckley, but next year expect losses of about £200,000 a week to return. This will mean that TB's total investment will be up to around £220 million.

As for the clubs annual statements being real, yes I do. There is zero evidence to support any other conclusion.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
1: Nothing, but it suggests his motives are emotional rather than financial. Hisrecord to date has been successful, we were at the arse end of League 1 when he took over.

2: There is no way he will recoup his cash. Aston Villa have just been sold for £150 million, they are an established Premier League club, Palace are currently for sale at about £90 million, they are about to have their third season in the PL.

We will perhaps break even this financial year due to the sales of Ulloa and Buckley, but next year expect losses of about £200,000 a week to return. This will mean that TB's total investment will be up to around £220 million.

As for the clubs annual statements being real, yes I do. There is zero evidence to support any other conclusion.

Totally agree. What does the man have to do in order for some fans to trust him and his intentions? I'm baffled. Or is it "I'll only trust him when he splashes millions on a load of players and gets us into the prem"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But you are applying hindsight here.

Not every player that is signed for a few million goes on to be successful, and that applies to all clubs, not just the Albion. It's easy to slaughter Bloom by just focussing on the ones the club got wrong, and ignoring the ones they got right, and ultimately it is his money that is being spent.

but on the other hand, if we had of signed him even if we did not sell him, he is by all acconts one hell of a player so in my eyes it a win,win situation, I mean if we had have said the same about leo(cost about the same) we would have been some 8m down.
the devil in me says or is it because the manager at the time wanted him and others did'nt.
IMHO Tony really needs good advice about the footballing side from someone he trusts, maybe even someone outside the club and lets face it on all the other things he has got it right ..........just not on the pitch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely. Apart from supporting the club since he was a child, underwriting the losses at Withdean, paying for the Amex to be built at a specification that was £40 million over the original budget, then paying for the capacity of the stadium to be increased from 22,000 to 30,750, investing in the squad so that we sign our first £1 million, then £3million player, build a £30 million training complex at Lancing to help develop future talent, subsidise trading losses up to £300,000 a week, talk to the fans at forums and travelling to and from matches, everything that Tony Bloom has done in the past suggests he may have an evil plan to destroy the club, which was on the brink of huge things at Withdean because players such as Baz Savage, Doug Loft and Mark McCammon (who WE helped buy with the forty note fund remember).

Ignore everything he's done to date, he clearly cannot be trusted.

blah blah ancient blah blah history.

What's Toby going to do with MY club now, starting today.
I've seen nothing to suggest he isn't just resting on his laurels waiting for the big oligarch payday.

How can we trust a man not called Prince, Sheikh, or Vlad.

Real money, real ambition.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but on the other hand, if we had of signed him even if we did not sell him, he is by all acconts one hell of a player so in my eyes it a win,win situation, I mean if we had have said the same about leo(cost about the same) we would have been some 8m down.
the devil in me says or is it because the manager at the time wanted him and others did'nt.
IMHO Tony really needs good advice about the footballing side from someone he trusts, maybe even someone outside the club and lets face it on all the other things he has got it right ..........just not on the pitch

We signed Upson instead and made the playoffs twice in a row.

He's played well this season, but when he first went to Celtic took time to settle down.

As for TB, he recruited someone from outside the club with a glowing reputation called David Burke....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We signed Upson instead and made the playoffs twice in a row.

He's played well this season, but when he first went to Celtic took time to settle down.

As for TB, he recruited someone from outside the club with a glowing reputation called David Burke....

I did say someone he trusts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here