Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching brief can we trust Bloom and the board

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1. What has this got to do with successfully running a football club
2.Relating to no 2 He may just recoup his cash leave us in the shtook, thinking to himself " yup I am actually now out of my depth with this whole thing, best to grab what I can and **** off "

By the way how do you, and for that matter anyone else on here know what the clubs exact finances are and his private financial affairs ? AnsweR : You don't.
You don't honestly think that the clubs annual statements are for real either do you ?

Do you believe the club, including the value of the stadium and training ground, are worth anywhere near £210m?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
you have answered your first question with what is written in red

That's not about commitment. It's about making mistakes (as I said in my post).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Finn and The Berk are history. We can give Tony the benefit of the doubt about last year, but let's see some evidence soon that things are being put right.

Now, that I can live with. It's those posters that question Tony's commitment based on what happened last season which, for me, was more about the Fin and Burke ****-ups than a lack of commitment: these contributors are completely and utterly out of order IMHO.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Now, that I can live with. It's those posters that question Tony's commitment based on what happened last season which, for me, was more about the Fin and Burke ****-ups than a lack of commitment: these contributors are completely and utterly out of order IMHO.

May I remind you TB is the one who got them "IN" and he was the one who refused to "BIN"
He was also the one that went on SE TV and said " I hope that Sami is hear for years to come "
I truly belive that, IMHO if the rest of the board hadn't have talked Bloom out of keeping Hyppia AND Burke , then they would would both still be here now and we would
be playing League 1 football next season.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Or is it "I'll only trust him when he splashes millions on a load of players and gets us into the prem"

A quick trot through these pages reveal the answer to be, "Yes. Although that may not be enough."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
May I remind you TB is the one who got them "IN" and he was the one who refused to "BIN"
He was also the one that went on SE TV and said " I hope that Sami is hear for years to come "
I truly belive that, IMHO if the rest of the board hadn't have talked Bloom out of keeping Hyppia AND Burke , then they would would both still be here now and we would
be playing League 1 football next season.

Hmmm. Tony certainly made massive mistakes in appointing the Fin, and not dumping Burke/Fin sooner. Not arguing with that. However, how does this demonstrate a lack of commitment by Tony? Also, how do you know the board persuaded him to pull the trigger on Burke? How do you know the Fin wasn't manoeuvred by Tony out of the club?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It appears that there are a number of posters who believe that questioning anything relating to TB and the running of the Albion Is unacceptable due to the fact that he has invested north of 200 million. The fact that he is also a fan makes it even worse apparently.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It appears that there are a number of posters who believe that questioning anything relating to TB and the running of the Albion Is unacceptable due to the fact that he has invested north of 200 million. The fact that he is also a fan makes it even worse apparently.

Dear OP - what would you suggest TB should do to demonstrate his commitment to the club? Maybe tattoo his knuckles with "I LOVE BHA"? Or his forehead? Erect a statue of Michael Jackson and sacrifice himself in front of it? Ritually burn a Palar$e flag in the boardroom in front of the South Today cameras?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dear OP - what would you suggest TB should do to demonstrate his commitment to the club? Maybe tattoo his knuckles with "I LOVE BHA"? Or his forehead? Erect a statue of Michael Jackson and sacrifice himself in front of it? Ritually burn a Palar$e flag in the boardroom in front of the South Today cameras?

I have no idea why you have quoted me to have this little rant.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I demand Pwemier League Football and if TB doesn't give it to me NOW I will scweam and scweam until I am sick

It's ironic, isn't it? A bunch of Tories insisting someone else spend his money without stint or limit, for their gratification.

"Run the government like a business" becomes "Run your business like the government" in a hurry...

The solution -- I joke about it often enough to make Icy Gull grind his teeth in impotent rage -- is to buy Bloom out, and take the team public.
A club, that's a club.

At which point the question "Can we trust Bloom and the board" becomes "Can we trust us".

Might not be consistent with being in the Premier League though. Not without a wholesale change in the model of club ownership, as per Bundesliga.

That ship has probably sailed.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I'v said it before he owns the club which makes him in charge, even us numpties knew that the finn and burke were wrong uns (I don't put any blame on Sami though he done his best with what he was given) did no one actually tell Tony that things were wrong, because if they did'nt then he needs to get rid of a few more and be a bit more ruthless.
and maybe have a little commitment to all the other fans who are ST holders year after year.
remember this he was in charge last season, no one else just him he employed Sami and Burke not you, not me but him so the buck stops with him.

I am sorry if this offends people .....................but its the bare truth

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If our fans' forums were like the ones I went to at PNE - and perhaps it's good that they're not, because those were with Craig Brown in a pub, and tended to turn into a bit of a sad, if amusing, binfest - I'd like to see someone stand up at the one this summer and ask TB if he understands why the Hyypia disaster might have caused some fans not to trust the board with the footballing side of things.

As far as most of us know, the board would have been happy to carry on with things as they were. To paraphrase the NSC thread of the time: what couldn't they see that 99% of the stadium could? Do they get why people might still be a bit baffled that they were apparently willing to oversee what looked like a certain slide into League One and halved attendances?

We could all still shake TB's hand and profusely thank him for giving us so much moolah. It would just be nice to know the answers.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'd like to see someone stand up at the one this summer and ask TB if he understands why the Hyypia disaster might have caused some fans not to trust the board with the footballing side of things.

Let's assume arguendo someone asks, and TB says 'Yes'. What happens next?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here