Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching brief can we trust Bloom and the board

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either TB is either a daft as fu*k SUPERFAN who is happy to piss £200 million up the wall on the Albion else there's something WAY deeper going on. Either way, who wouldn't go along for the ride on a TB-subsidised ST and see where the journey ends ?
That's my point, only £200m.

The journey was clearly over the moment the best he could do was O'Gravy.

If Tony does actually love my club as much as I do it's about time he stood aside and let people with proper money take charge.
Then the real fans can actually see what Tony has be promising us, but spectacularly failing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
600 houses at £350,000 each equals £210 million. Location Lancing.
1 hotel at Falmer equals ??
1 football stadium equals £20 million apparently.
1 football team of mainly loan players equals £3 million ??

Just preparing figures for my spreadsheet to help the club.
The club doesn't own the land in either location.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The club doesn't own the land in either location.

I thought they did in Lancing?

For the hotel you are bang on. At the moment......?.

6.6 It is unlikely that an alternative user could be found for the proposed hotel site as it is intricately linked to the Community Stadium’s operation and for this reason it is recommended that the option to dispose of or lease the land to TCSL for a hotel development should be explored further through discussions of Heads of Terms.
7. FINANCIAL & OTHER IMPLICATIONS:
Financial Implications:
7.1 The development will generate a land value to the Council for both sites and the council will instruct a valuer to agree the value of both areas of development with TCSL. TCSL will provide income projections and construction costs to enable the land value to be agreed. The cost of the independent valuation will be funded from the proceeds of the disposal. The value may be paid to the Council as either a single premium following the relevant planning consent or in the form of annual rent payments. Any premium would be paid prior to commencement of construction of the development. Any net capital receipts would be used to support the Council’s corporate capital strategy and any rental income would be used to support the Council’s revenue budget.
7.2 The council will need to satisfy the requirements of section 123 of the Local Government Act 1972 and ensure that best consideration can be obtained and if the council is minded to receive less than best consideration by £2.0m or more below market value than an application to the Secretary of State for agreement will be required.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It a syndicate that no one has heard of and there's no evidence that it exists has put £210 million into the Albion interest free, and then converted a third of that sum into worthless shares they're okay by me.

Quite.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I completely agree with the OP.

The Board are really secretive and i doubt they can be trusted.
The sooner I get some serious middle eastern investment into my club, the happier id be.

I for one need my club in the Premier League and it's clear Tony's lack of ambition is holding my club back.

Why middle eastern? What's wrong with a Russian oligarch? Or a dodgy Thai frozen-food magnate-cum-politician? Or an American sports-management consortium?

There's lots of money out there that doesn't bear close examination. It doesn't have to just be oil.

That limits your options.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why middle eastern? What's wrong with a Russian oligarch? Or a dodgy Thai frozen-food magnate-cum-politician? Or an American sports-management consortium?

There's lots of money out there that doesn't bear close examination. It doesn't have to just be oil.

That limits your options.
Good point well made.

I do actually want someone with a background in football, so perhaps Toby should be courting the likes of David Cunningham from Glasgow Rangers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Either TB is either a daft as fu*k SUPERFAN who is happy to piss £200 million up the wall on the Albion else there's something WAY deeper going on. Either way, who wouldn't go along for the ride on a TB-subsidised ST and see where the journey ends ?

I'm not sure. But, I struggle to believe Bloom is willing to just let 200m go. Maybe he's willing to spunk a lesser sum and things like the hotel are a way to claw back some of the cash? Or he truly believes we will get to Prem and some of the crazy money from Sky will part-repay his outlay? Or both? He seems to calculating to just toss such a some away no questions asked.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Tony Bloom, I couldn't think of a better owner, what hes done/doing you have to take your hat off to him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What does Tony know about football? No idea, but he knows what we have been through to get here. I would wager he knows more about football than Abramovich, sheik Mansour, the Glaziers or J.W. Henry.

We know that Tony is a Brighton fan. How many owners In the top two divisions were watching the club's they own before they got a few quid?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We know that Tony is a Brighton fan. How many owners In the top two divisions were watching the club's they own before they got a few quid?

The punters here don't care. They'll take as owner(s) anyone who can deliver the Promised land -- IOW 11th to 16th in the EPL, for a couple-three seasons.
The new money could know as much football as Carly Ray Jepsen and her cat, and it wouldn't matter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The punters here don't care. They'll take as owner(s) anyone who can deliver the Promised land -- IOW 11th to 16th in the EPL, for a couple-three seasons.
The new money could know as much football as Carly Ray Jepsen and her cat, and it wouldn't matter.

You seem to have stopped pledging your £10 to save the club. Have you lost faith, or run out of funds?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. Proverbs 15:17

People will miss Bloom when he's gone.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Maybe but I could have told you that COG was never going to worth 15k a week at the time he signed. He had one reasonable season in a team that got relegated. In fact most of NSC was very underwhelmed when we signed Ulloa's replacement. ( although the club denied he was, he plainly was). TB is where the buck stops, but blame can be diverted by sacking people I accept.

He needs to make sure that he employs people who do understand how to build a Championship squad now he has taken the task away from the manager. TB failed with the last appointment but everyone else gets the blame.

Good for you and most of NSC.

So why employ anyone at all if you are not going to trust their judgement? That's what he did, their judgement was wrong, they get shown the door. No doubt it will happen again at some point. I am not quite sure what else you would want TB to do in the same circumstances.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good for you and most of NSC.

So why employ anyone at all if you are not going to trust their judgement? That's what he did, their judgement was wrong, they get shown the door. No doubt it will happen again at some point. I am not quite sure what else you would want TB to do in the same circumstances.

My point was that I think he has not shown too much football nous since appointing Oscar and I hope it improves. He has done fantastic things for the club but that doesn't mean he cannot be questioned, although it seems some will not tolerate any criticism of him...

You probably didn't have to endure first hand the shambles of last season?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My point was that I think he has not shown too much football nous since appointing Oscar and I hope it improves. He has done fantastic things for the club but that doesn't mean he cannot be questioned, although it seems some will not tolerate any criticism of him...

You probably didn't have to endure first hand the shambles of last season?

Of course people can criticise him and your first sentence of this post is entirely reasonable, although I would change Oscar to Hyypia.

Your last post suggested that he should not have trusted the judgement of the staff that he appointed, which I think is rather odd so I said so, and this thread was started as some have questioned his motives after one poor season on the pitch, which I find absurd. Hopefully you will allow people to defend him under those circumstances? Remarkably, this does not actually imply that I agree with everything he has done.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
bloom-250514-l229-1573280_478x359.jpgtumblr_mzyacrS4lS1t34t07o1_1280.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
......but does he know that League 1 is not the top league? Could be a Father Ted situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here