Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But I would never live in a predominantly Muslim area, or any area with overt religious manifestos because I loathe religion and I think Islam is a particularly un compassionate form of religion.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But I would never live in a predominantly Muslim area, or any area with overt religious manifestos because I loathe religion and I think Islam is a particularly un compassionate form of religion.
Perhaps you wouldn't, that's your choice , how about sparing a thought for those that have no choice and have seen their home area change beyond all recognition you prize cvnt.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Perhaps you wouldn't, that's your choice , how about sparing a thought for those that have no choice and have seen their home area change beyond all recognition you prize cvnt.

That sort of makes the assumption that everybody living in such an area would have exactly the same feelings as you. Which of course, is bollocks.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't know how multicultural your area is, but if it is anything where I used to live in Luton I don't think you will ever appreciate what is it really like. Some people like it, some people fear it. For me it was fear and I'm glad I eventually left. I noticed a change in Luton over the time I was there, with more women adopting the Burqa. I used to see quite a few women walking down my road wearing it, that pointed to change in the religion for me, to a more hard line way of thinking. I know there was a lot of mosques in Luton, Islamic schools with everything geared around that religion.

Stacey Dooley did an interesting documentary on Luton.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

My wife had to go where the work was at the time and what was affordable like you correctly pointed out. When I arrived there was good mix of people, when I left it had completely changed, it was time to go.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Stacey Dooley did an interesting documentary on Luton.

It was. Pretty much confirmed that all the girls in burkas interviewed were adamant its their choice, and at
the 'protest' by the lulu's there was less than 100, in an area of over 30,000 muslims.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ban Hilal meat and the Veil, outright

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ban Hilal meat and the Veil, outright

Why? Im pretty sure the premier Riyadh football team (Hilal) would be shocked by your request.
Seriously though, why would you want a ban on halal meat and veil?
Theres plenty of horror stories concerning non halal meat, and its processes, and most girls interviewed who wear a veil seem quite adamant its their choice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Nice.
Has Haywards Heath changed that much?
Stay classy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No, that's why I live there, my home area has changed beyond all recognition though.

That's London for you, always in flux. If we could visit the future in 200 years time there probably won't be a Muslim to be seen, some other group will be knocking about. Major cities change with the exception of places like Venice or Rome perhaps.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was. Pretty much confirmed that all the girls in burkas interviewed were adamant its their choice, and at
the 'protest' by the lulu's there was less than 100, in an area of over 30,000 muslims.

Stacey was never going to be able to interview a woman who was forced to wear a burka. Those teenage girls may in the future chose not to wear them.

The burka wearing women in the protest may also say it is their choice to wear them, but they probably wouldn't have any choice if they didn't want to.

How do you feel about the countries where it is considered a crime not to wear one? Women in particularly conservative countries are forced to wear a burqa or niqab out of fear of beatings, arrests or honor killings.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Stacey was never going to be able to interview a woman who was forced to wear a burka. Those teenage girls may in the future chose not to wear them.

The burka wearing women in the protest may also say it is their choice to wear them, but they probably wouldn't have any choice if they didn't want to.

How do you feel about the countries where it is considered a crime not to wear one? Women in particularly conservative countries are forced to wear a burqa or niqab out of fear of beatings, arrests or honor killings.

So, all the girls interviewed view the burka as you do?
Ive lived in one of those countries. Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, people tend to grow up with it as a normality, so its not something that comes up particularly. They are more worried
about women drivers. Some would say here, that its a valid concern also... :)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
That's London for you, always in flux. If we could visit the future in 200 years time there probably won't be a Muslim to be seen, some other group will be knocking about. Major cities change with the exception of places like Venice or Rome perhaps.

considering they were two great colonial and trading powerbases, perhaps they should, as its often cited gleefully as the reason London has.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

What about Riyadh or somewhere like that? If only we could get some insight into that part of the world from someone with on the ground experience.

D

Deleted member 22389

Rome has the biggest Mosque in Europe

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What about Riyadh or somewhere like that? If only we could get some insight into that part of the world from someone with on the ground experience.

When I was living there in the late 70s, their biggest concern seemed to be Yemenis working illegally there. Not entirely sure why tbh as most Saudis didnt seem to be doing menial work.

Jan 30, 2008
So, all the girls interviewed view the burka as you do?
Ive lived in one of those countries. Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, people tend to grow up with it as a normality, so its not something that comes up particularly. They are more worried
about women drivers. Some would say here, that its a valid concern also... :)
when are you going to wear a Burka you clown !!:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here