Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other Championship clubs are doing business...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
See the pattern here? Ambition.

Bit harsh to dismiss anyone who isn't necessarily won over to idea that Albion's 2015/16 season should be written off on May 22nd because Forest have signed Jamie Ward as club employees!.
(i don't mind. obviously. :)

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before they cobbled together their public statement as to what went wrong and agreed it was a mutual parting of the ways there were reports in The Times and elsewhere that Warburton had been sacked.

Maybe 'constructive dismissal' is the appropriate phrase here?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
bloom-250514-l229-1573280_478x359.jpg = mm.jpg :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One flair midfielder gone to Wolves for next to nothing Jed Wallace and another looks like going to Sheff Wed Lewis McGugan either would have been an improvement to complement our workhorse midfielders of which we have many.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Going completely ot I fecking love the Salvador Dali museum in Figueres and his house in Cadaques. The guy was an absolute madcap genius. My favourite artist and much to his displeasure the second greatest Spanish artist ever. Never really got Picasso myself :shrug:

Always was a Goya man myself........better than arguing over transfer market inactivity I think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always was a Goya man myself........better than arguing over transfer market inactivity I think.

Thinking about it, it could have been that Dali didn't appreciate being the second greatest LIVING Spanish artist.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's a bit of a team who showed ambition and made the play offs twice in a row...
Lots of signings by May 22nd. Its the only way.

Will Buckley - June 6th
Vicente - Sept 2nd
Wayne Bridge - July 6th
Bruno - June 26th
Kus - June 19th
CMS - July 4th
Ulloa - er, January
Spanish Dave - Aug 31st
Upson - er, January
and so on...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
43 days until training camp and falling.

Minimum 6 players still required.

We really need the left back and 2 strikers signed at least before we jet off.

Last edited:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Here's a bit of a team who showed ambition and made the play offs twice in a row...
Lots of signings by May 22nd. Its the only way.

Will Buckley - June 6th
Vicente - Sept 2nd
Wayne Bridge - July 6th
Bruno - June 26th
Kus - June 19th
CMS - July 4th
Ulloa - er, January
Spanish Dave - Aug 31st
Upson - er, January
and so on...

Difference being we actually had some quality players on the books already. Now?

Kayal- Yep
Dunk- Debatable after a shaky 2nd half of the season but yes
Ince- Yes but contract expires at the end of the season...

Anyone else who has proven they can perform consistently well at this level? A couple of others you could make a case for but realistically there are positions all over the pitch where we are lacking in quality.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A quick look at the Champ clubs shows that in fact virtually none of them are doing any business. At all.
Probably because its May 22nd.

Thats fine and I get the point you are making, But Brighton finished 20th they have more rebuilding to do than most. You would think the earlier it starts the better. Even if it is just one or two at the moment.

I know it doesn't have the same sort of impact as the WC but there is still a copa America and a u21 championships this summer which will have some impact of things are not done early.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Difference being we actually had some quality players on the books already. Now?

Kayal- Yep
Dunk- Debatable after a shaky 2nd half of the season but yes
Ince- Yes but contract expires at the end of the season...

Anyone else who has proven they can perform consistently well at this level? A couple of others you could make a case for but realistically there are positions all over the pitch where we are lacking in quality.

yes

Best ...............he was consistantly shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here