Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other Championship clubs are doing business...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Difference being we actually had some quality players on the books ....

So your strategy for rebuilding this summer should be "do it as quickly as possible". Buy as many players as possible as only 2-3 players on our books are any good.
And probably even faster than all that because the team finished 20th last season.

I fear you will be disappointed.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
So your strategy for rebuilding this summer should be "do it as quickly as possible". Buy as many players as possible as only 2-3 players on our books are any good.
And probably even faster than all that because the team finished 20th last season.

I fear you will be disappointed.

My strategy would be targeting and securing quality players early so we have a good idea or at least some solid foundations of what our starting 11 will be before the pre season tour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
6 ? We need 9 or 10 decent signings to repair the damage.

I dont agree with the number as it is not a question of quantity but quality. A competent left back and CB plus a quality striker of the 20 + goals a season type would suffice. The rest of the team could be moulded around that but that is not taking into account injuries or suspensions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I dont agree with the number as it is not a question of quantity but quality. A competent left back and CB plus a quality striker of the 20 + goals a season type would suffice. The rest of the team could be moulded around that but that is not taking into account injuries or suspensions.

I am talking about quality , some of our existing squad are simply not good enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The top 2 signings we need are a left back, and our front line striker.

We need to get those sorted asap, and maybe throw a large chunk of the budget at doing so. These really shouldn't be season long loans, but full transfers.

After that a central defender, and a fast, decent right winger.

Next priority a Tex replacement, and another striker.

That's the minimum, really, and could transform our squad significantly.

If we sell Dunk, he'll need replacing, and there must be an argument for moving Holla on ( I'd actually replace him with a pacy left winger ).

I don't think we need anything else, although there is talk of new goalie - and I notice that Randolph has turned down a contract at Birmingham :rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are going to persist with 1 lone strker could Baldock not fill in the Tex role just behind the striker.

Yes, he could but we need 2 for that role in the squad as we'll be lucky if any player manages a full 46 games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should we not get an established first XI that are our players then make the squad up with loans etc.

It seems loan players need to have some guarantee of playing otherwise they won't come here? When will our development squad be able to make up the need for fill in players as this must be what we are aiming for. Players who are Albion players, so much better than loans.

Being able to sell our stars whilst having ready made replacements is obviously, the very sensible, target.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My strategy would be targeting and securing quality players early so we have a good idea or at least some solid foundations of what our starting 11 will be before the pre season tour.

Yes. Sensible. So actually we can relax then because the club started targeting players well before the end of the season, and the first match of the pre-season tour is a good 6 weeks away.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need to get 90% of our new players in by the 1st preseason game otherwise it will be the same as last season- rejects, foreign players with no pedigree etc etc, and im still interested to know who else we will look to unload because the 5 players going isn't nearly enough imo

This, with bells on. We just cannot afford to **** about with player acquisition this summer. Get a ****ing move on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we are going to persist with 1 lone strker could Baldock not fill in the Tex role just behind the striker.

I have to ask... why would we continue with 1 up top? Just look at the successful Championship clubs this season... 2 strikers playing as strikers (a number 9 and number 10) is the answer to our goal drought.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Excluding the 3 I think we need who of the usual first choice falls into your category as not good enough for The Championship not strength in depth.

Greer
Bruno
Calderon
Forster-Caskey
Holla
O'Grady
Baldock

In my opinion they could all be replaced with better quality with no increase to the wages bill.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to ask... why would we continue with 1 up top? Just look at the successful Championship clubs this season... 2 strikers playing as strikers (a number 9 and number 10) is the answer to our goal drought.

I believe we should play a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 formation but it appears that modern managers CH included like to play 1 man up front and the support striker behind him, hence the suggestion about Baldock playing in the role Tex adopted this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here