Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brett mendoza Grand Central bar

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Tynemill pub by the castle was excellent - called the Victoria I think. Used to enjoy Albion trips there. The last one had Norman Lamont on a pub crawl with a blonde.

Last time I went to Lincoln, Tim and Loafer had to help me from the pub in Nottingham to the station, due to a little too much local cheer. Did not help I left the ground when the third goal went in, so had extra pub time.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Are there? I've only often found the chain pubs to be okay-ish, many others are rather scary. Went into the Chamber of Commerce (I think that's the name) by the crossing on the high street. There was 4 people, all sat apart from one another and starred straight at me and my friend who after a single pint we left to go to walkabout further up the high street.

Magna Carta's good though, really like that place.
It's all about age being in my 40's Pubs in Lincoln like Dog and Bone,Golden Eagle,Jolly Brewer ,Morning Star,Strugglers,Tap and Spile ,Victoria and Wig and Pen may not appeal to some.Magna Carta yep is a good Pub .I always stayed out of the centre till late too many alcopops and Kids on Spirits that can't handle it .Grooves was the best club in Lincoln .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ben Fosters in goal

Being pushed for the jersey by Wayne Hennessy,

Former England captain Becks on the wing,

Kenny Miller up front alongside the younger brother of Frank Ricard... Pernod

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's all about age being in my 40's Pubs in Lincoln like Dog and Bone,Golden Eagle,Jolly Brewer ,Morning Star,Strugglers,Tap and Spile ,Victoria and Wig and Pen may not appeal to some.Magna Carta yep is a good Pub .I always stayed out of the centre till late too many alcopops and Kids on Spirits that can't handle it .Grooves was the best club in Lincoln .

Being limited to student nights, and living right by Sincil Bank, I assume they're around the cathedral/castle area? I'll be living in that area next year, so will have to pay them a visit.

I know what you mean about the centre. But I wouldn't say it was just kids. Trebles on a Friday night is full locals who are middle aged and it is truly tragic.

Trebles then Shack on the weekend you're guaranteed to see a 45 year old fat bloke try and take on a bouncer.

But the worst was George and Dragon down near the stadium on the high street opposite the school.

Horrific place, its being sold now which I suppose is justice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You mean the Yakima isn't too commercial and populist for you now?

It was sad that Meantime sold out. But as long as there's still space for the more niche and independent brewers, which there is, I don't really care too much. And if more people drink Meantime than Fosters then maybe it's a good thing?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Being limited to student nights, and living right by Sincil Bank, I assume they're around the cathedral/castle area? I'll be living in that area next year, so will have to pay them a visit.

I know what you mean about the centre. But I wouldn't say it was just kids. Trebles on a Friday night is full locals who are middle aged and it is truly tragic.

Trebles then Shack on the weekend you're guaranteed to see a 45 year old fat bloke try and take on a bouncer.

But the worst was George and Dragon down near the stadium on the high street opposite the school.

Horrific place, its being sold now which I suppose is justice.
Golden Eagle on The High St near Sincil Bank is a solid Pub and no hassle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here