Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm a massive BZ fan and would love us to sign him to give us all a lift but give me a choice between him and Lambert and I will take Ricky every day of the week.........still capable of demolishing Chanmpionship defences.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I'm a massive BZ fan and would love us to sign him to give us all a lift but give me a choice between him and Lambert and I will take Ricky every day of the week.........still capable of demolishing Chanmpionship defences.

Wel to be sure, wel take both.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm so excited about us allegedly bidding for Cody McDonald...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cardiff moving closer to signing Daryl Murphy from Ipswich for £4m but need to wait for transfer of Joe Mason to Wolves for £3m.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Cardiff moving closer to signing Daryl Murphy from Ipswich for £4m but need to wait for transfer of Joe Mason to Wolves for £3m.

extremely doubtful whether we would be looking to spend that kind of money on any one player.............but.......you never know.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

£4 million for a 32 year old who's had one, maybe two, decent season(s) in his entire career? He's also only got a year left on his contract. Totally mental.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

£4 million for a 32 year old who's had one, maybe two, decent season(s) in his entire career? He's also only got a year left on his contract. Totally mental.

If they can get £3m for Joe Mason it means getting Murphy and spending £1m which is a reasonable deal.. The question has to be is Mason worth £3m?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If they can get £3m for Joe Mason it means getting Murphy and spending £1m which is a reasonable deal.. The question has to be is Mason worth £3m?

Mason isn't worth £3 million, if they get that for him then in real terms Murphy would only cost £1 million but I would imagine Murphy would want more in wages than Mason. Murphy is nearly 10 years older there isn't any long term value to the deal. Neither are worth the money being quoted and shows how hard it is to find value for money when buying from within England.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Despite completely failing FFP, QPR are set to make their fourth signing of the summer by re-signing Jamie Mackie from Forest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are really taking the p..s and showing the FL that they have no regard for their rules or threats of action.
So far they have had ZERO penalty, not even an embago whilst things are sorted out.

What must Forest be thinking of this, whilst they are prevented from paying more than 10K per week wages ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dog eat dog, seems that FFP is dead in the championship and only clubs with the BIGGEST wallets will win through

One of the reasons that Forest are letting Mackie go is because of the FFP sanctions they are under. Not quite dead.
"allowing Mackie to leave will free up a space within the squad of 24 'established' players over the age of 21 that Forest will be allowed under FFP rules next season"
via http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...e-Mackie-set/story-26701400-detail/story.html

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One of the reasons that Forest are letting Mackie go is because of the FFP sanctions they are under. Not quite dead.
"allowing Mackie to leave will free up a space within the squad of 24 'established' players over the age of 21 that Forest will be allowed under FFP rules next season"
via http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...e-Mackie-set/story-26701400-detail/story.html
That makes it even stranger that QPR are allowed to sign him and merrily continue with no penalty.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it definite that QPR will be in the Championship this season? - legal stuff going on and all that.
I'm sure they will be on the fixture list on Wednesday, sadly.

I think they have truely beaten Financial Foul Play, and that the sooner teams wake up to the fact that it is dead, and bin it totally, the fairer the league will be.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That makes it even stranger that QPR are allowed to sign him and merrily continue with no penalty.

QPR's sanction for FFP breach is not known yet or whether they will face a sanction.. They've challenged this legally. In mean time they've been allowed to compete in the Champ next season.
They potentially could still face a very large fine, they potentially could not. Some explanation here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ssible-demotion-non-League-face-50m-fine.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here